Dog and Beth Chapman Bringing New Reality Series to CMT • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Dog and Beth Chapman Bringing New Reality Series to CMT
 Post Posted: Sun 20 Jan 2013 17:14 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4013
Experience: More than 10 years
http://www.cmt.com/news/country-music/1 ... -cmt.jhtml

Los Angeles, California
(323) 786-FIND

"Approach is Everything."

Post subject: Re: Dog and Beth Chapman Bringing New Reality Series to CMT
 Post Posted: Sun 20 Jan 2013 21:43 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
I've stayed out of the Dog conversations for the most part but I'm tired and just read this article. Here's my take on Dog and it's worth every cent you paid for it, as Bill Marx would say.

1) I wouldn't allow this man inside my office much less give me any advice on this business.
2) I know that drama is needed to create a decent reality show but this man and his underlings makes this job look much more dangerous than it actually is, if done properly. (the done properly part is very important)
3) it's a dang miracle that someone didn't get killed. They arrest the guy and spend the next 15 minutes talking to him in the same spot he was apprehended. Get em and get the heck out.
4) In this business, leave your ego at home. Something I doubt this man and woman can do.
5) I have no proof but truly believe that his actions have caused others to try and emulate him to the point they get arrested. No excuse for the one's that do it Dog style, they should think for themselves but some young and even older people are very impressionable.
6) I truly wish he would get the heck off TV and not offer his opinions about being a Bounty Hunter. He has nothing positive to offer this business and it's time to stop this nonsense.

This is out in the open and anyone can read it. I hope you new guys and the one's thinking about getting in would pay this man woman and the kids no attention. Find a mentor, work on skip tracing, learn body language and what it can tell you, work on your verbal skills, learn how to approach a potential informant and what you should do to get him on your side and I'm not talking about giving money. Keep yourself in good shape (I'm not but am working on it) Learn the bonding laws before doing anything, it will keep you out of jail. There are people on this forum that can and do put Dog to shame. You won't hear about the apprehensions (you will hear about apprehensions done by way of networking on this forum if the person chooses to discuss it. The REAL DEALS do their jobs covertly and the work is completed with no bragging. You see, these guys have no need to brag, hell they're good and they know it and have no reason to prove it to anyone. They're confident and it shows and this confidence is essential in this business. Go pick up a skip and show fear and see what happens. Heck we all have some fear but you will never see it with the men amd women that have nothing they care to prove to you or me. I'm rambling now so I'll close this out with this. There are people on this forum that will absolutely amaze you with their skills, so leave Dog the heck out of your vocabulary and learn from the proven pro's that are on this forum. This thing probably makes no sense, my butt is dragging and my mind is numb, but felth the need to address the dog issue. I hope all is doing well and take care!!

Bill M. I saw it too but I'm not goig back and correct it LMAO :shock:

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Sun 20 Jan 2013 21:57 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Amen to that!

Los Angeles, California
(323) 786-FIND

Post Posted: Sun 20 Jan 2013 22:06 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Jason, I'm glad you posted this. It gave me the chance to attempt to give my feelings about this Man, Woman and Kids.

Take care, Jason

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Sun 20 Jan 2013 22:14 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
I like it that they are goinig to travel the country "teaching" others how to bounty hunt, maybe like them. Or how to run their offices more efficently.

I will not go into details but in my humble opinion, they need work on cleaning up their own operations before trying to "teach" others.

Post Posted: Sun 20 Jan 2013 22:43 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Hey, tell it like it is, I say. I believe that the limelight has erroneously and falsely placed those individuals in a leadership position, in the eyes of the general public, who, for the most part, don't know any better. I believe that those individuals who are placed in a position of leadership have a responsibility to and should lead by example, just as I was taught to do in the service. That being said, I have not seen any true leadership skills being shown in their programs. I believe that their program has capitalized on drama over the years and I don't suspect that the new program will be any different. After all, we're talking about the media here and we all know that drama equals dollars and if it don't make dollars, then it don't make sense (cents). If all of the realities of our profession were to be exposed in the media, perhaps as a documentary, it just wouldn't cut the mustard in the money-making department. There are just too many monotonous, mundane tasks that we perform on a regular basis. It would probably bore the heck out of the viewers, but most of us already know that "Reality T.V." doesn't really have anything to do with reality. It has a whole lot more to do with ratings and making big money. Unfortunately, our menial daily tasks just aren't all that appealing to viewers who seek action, adventure, and drama. True professions rarely are packed with action and drama. Our media likes to hype things up for better ratings. It seems to me that our nation is packed with folks who would rather live vicariously through others by viewing hyped-up programs on the television rather than strike out on their own and strive to be a true professional. Sadly, these folks have been manipulated by the media and don't have any clue as to what "REALITY" really is. Their views have been distorted and manipulated by the mainstream media. It is a sad state of affairs when the general public actually believes the mainstream media hype. What has this world come to? Do the masses no longer seek the truth?

Gentlemen, thank you for your opinions. I truly appreciate them and I agree with you both 100%!

Here's another little gem that I stumbled across tonight:
Dog the Bounty Hunter CMT Won't Feature Baby Lyssa
http://news.lalate.com/2013/01/03/dog-t ... aby-lyssa/

Los Angeles, California
(323) 786-FIND

Post Posted: Mon 21 Jan 2013 09:14 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Quote:
Bill M. I saw it too but I'm not goig back and correct it LMAO

Bill W.... I wouldn't even consider correcting anything from you.... as for your post... you really said a lot and hopefully some of the newbies will take it as major instruction.

I had a comment or two to drop on this one but I will step back cause you have said all that needs to be said.

Thanks and the only thing I can think of to add.... "Doggie style".... uh.... well.... I never really liked that anyway.... I got bad knees.... (did I just say that??!!)... "wooolfff, wooolfff" and/or "bowzie, wozie".... 8)

Quote:
Dog the Bounty Hunter CMT Won't Feature Baby Lyssa

I am devastated.....................

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Mon 21 Jan 2013 11:19 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Well ok you insist.

The premise of the new show is that they the King and Queen of bounty hunting will travel the country and "school" bail and bail recovery agents in how to better run their businesses, teach them new "tricks" of the trade and help them catch the bad guys.

Now this is from a person:

That owed the IRS tens if not hundreds of thousands in back taxes.

Cried about not being able to enter Great Britain to appear on Big Brother because of his felony background. And since he could not appear on the show, he claimed GB was denying him means to earn a living. Even though they made millions off the tv show.

They left their business in such bad shape that they had to "hire" someone else to come in, clean it up and run it.

He goes around telling bail recovery agenst NOT to carry firearms because if you carry one then you will use it. We all know why he doesn't carry. Although he probably did ILLEGALLY in his criminal past.

And oh the Queen. The only way she could win the election to the PBUS board was to bring in a dozen or more to stuff the ballot box on election day. Neither one were members of PBUS until she decided to run for office.

PBUS bylaws allow one to join the same day of the election and to vote.

Now the word is she was approached to run for an area director position. But being the superstar she thinks she is, that wasn't good enough. She wanted to run for President. Even though they had never held any position on the board and only attended the PBUS conferences when they were being a speaker or celebrity photo ops.

Someone must had convinced her that is was better to be a EXC. VP to start. In my opinion, even that was way above her pay grade.

Such egos!

Finally, I have no idea of how widespread this is but, in talking with many bail professionals and some sureties, the Queens election to the PBUS board has prompted many to not renew their memberships, me included and some sureties to pull sponsorships.

But in reality showmanship and celebrity almost always trumps substance and integrity. I expect the show to have a following and renew their fame for another 15 minutes or so.

Post Posted: Mon 21 Jan 2013 11:57 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
I think the statement you made here quoted, pretty much sums it up.

Quote:
In reality, showmanship and celebrity almost always trumps substance and integrity

I do believe, the media has proven that statement to be absolutely true...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage