Bad decisions can get you hurt...or worse! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Bad decisions can get you hurt...or worse!
 Post Posted: Wed 10 May 2017 11:58 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Experience: More than 10 years
Hopefully this will help someone: I received a call yesterday informing me that a NC recovery agent had been badly beaten by 5 men while he was trying to make an apprehension in Charlotte NC.

He had found where his skip was living. He pretended to be a utility worker and knocked on the door of the house of the skip. Unfortunately, the skip answered the door and the recovery agent decided he would make the apprehension. What he didn't know was that the skip had four friends living with him and were inside the house. The NC recovery agent had one cuff on the guy and all hell broke loose. The skip and his four friends basically beat the hell out of the recovery agent, sending him to the hospital for a week. Luckily the agent is alive but no way will he be working anytime soon and maybe never......

I'm not trying to place any blame on the agent, he's already suffered enough but I think if he had done his homework he would have known there were others in the house and could have left the residence and regrouped and made the apprehension on his terms and things would be much different..... This agent has approx. 16 years experience in the recovery field. If it can happen to him it can happen to you.... Please, do your homework before getting in your car to make apprehensions....In my opinion and it's my practice to learn everything I can about the subject before I even consider making the apprehension Is it possible to always do this? No but if you can please spend a lot of your time on the homework..... Lastly, if you have no formal training in this business, please get some....... Be careful!!

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post subject: Re: Bad decisions can get you hurt...or worse!
 Post Posted: Wed 10 May 2017 16:58 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Hey Bill,

I know a couple local guys that do work alone. One has been shot at 12 times!

I am too old, too slow and my mind knows I am not 25 any more, so would not go after a 80 year grandmother without back up. Even when I was younger.

Post subject: Re: Bad decisions can get you hurt...or worse!
 Post Posted: Wed 17 May 2017 06:41 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Hi Tony

As I get older I'm finally realizing that no way can I continue to hunt these young bucks alone. Problem is, they're not many people I can trust in my state to help out. Whole lot of talking until it's time to actually do the work.

On the other hand, nine recovery agents went looking for a skip in Tn. They ended up shooting into a car they thought their skip was in. I have never understood why a bail agent would shoot at a car..

I don't have the answers, and I now only do recoveries for people I actually know. which has cut my work load down tremendously, and that's a good thing.... My bail agency is now down to 4 open cases as I transition out of the bail business..... Like you, I really don't have to do this. I'm not enjoying it any longer..... Anyways, hope everybody is doing well and being careful.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion