Best Skip Trace Sites to use • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Best Skip Trace Sites to use
 Post Posted: Sat 06 Aug 2016 18:51 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4970
Experience: < 3 years
My Team and I have a skip, who's been on the run for Months. We currently use IRB to run our info, however, I feel that there may be other Sites that may have better information. I would appreciate your feedback regarding the best Skip-Trace Sites to use. Please indicate why you use the Site that you recommend.

Thank you all!

Fieldinvestigator221@gmail.com
661-316-0036

Post subject: Re: Best Skip Trace Sites to use
 Post Posted: Sun 07 Aug 2016 10:26 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
Trevor, There is not a single answer. To appreciate the value of data, you must understand where it comes from, meaning the original source, how often it is updated, the validity of that information and knowing how to read that information. I don't know you, so please take this as a teaching moment, not criticism. I have witnessed investigators suffer from "Analysis Paralysis" in that they spend a small fortune on data, and never close cases. Not everyone that has legal access to such data knows how to read it. Secondly, investigations need to include field canvassing as well as data, they should compliment each other, and neither is stand alone. Data is often inaccurate, run your own data to determine the accuracy of any database, you might be surprised. Lastly, there are investigators on this board that have significant experience searching databases, social media, and court records, but their strongest skill collectively, is knowing how and when to conduct an interview. Patience equals profit, and there have been many impatient investigators that hit the only address they have prematurely, never having seen the fugitive enter or leave the residence.

Spend some money on your own education, research Valerie McGilvrey's classes on skip tracing, as they are worth twice the price. Seek out a mentor, like Bill Williams, Joe Stiles, Robert Edwards, Rex Ventator, Randle Crew, Chuck Jordan, Bill Mark Sr. (or junior for that matter), Steve Faircloth, Dr. Charles Schmidt, or Jon Alfaro. There are many many more, and I mean no disrespect to anyone of the myriad of other fine investigators that there is no room to mention here, but I have closed cases, or taught classes with these folks and can vouch for all of them. A little research will also tell you that I just provided you a list of contacts coast to coast. I am by no means an expert, as this business affords us the opportunity to learn every day.

Consider both the www.beabountyhunter.com and www.PIEducation.com online education opportunities, course work developed by L. Scott Harrell, that is as valid now as it was when Mr. Harrell developed it.

If you seek to be spoon fed, you will starve. Trust no one at face value, practice discernment with the information you receive and apply what will work for you.

Good luck in the future,

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sun 07 Aug 2016 12:46 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Thank you Scott for the great advice! Our Skip is hiding very well and staying off of the Radar! We have interviewed his Friends, Family and People from his Community. We will not give up until this Guy is in custody. I was just looking for a comparison of different Skip-Trace Companies. I really like IRB and the info we get, but just like with credit reports, you may see something from one Agency that hasn't been reported by the others. I've already talked with a few of the Seasoned Pros on here and have got some great info. This Forum is a gold-mine for information and I am very grateful for everyone's input!

661-316-0036

Post Posted: Sun 07 Aug 2016 18:37 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
What does he do for a living? There are many assets like tool companies, Snap-On, Mac, Matco etc. that have internal databases to track the location of migratory mechanics. How about an old fashioned trash pull? Call the trash company that services Mom's house, call them and tell them you are new to the neighborhood and need to know the trash days. If it is at the curb, it is public domain. It is nasty, but for those that have done it, it turns ghosts into captures! I would stop looking for the fugitive and start looking for who he may be with.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sun 07 Aug 2016 20:25 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

We've talked to his Family, Friends, Neighbors..etc. He lives on an Indian Res, which somewhat complicates things. I posted a Wanted Poster on a Social Media site that is for the Community He lives in. We got 2 CI's out of it, but no solid leads. He has been unemployed for over a year. His GF is an aspiring Model, so I made a fake email account with a fake "Models Wanted" Brochure to try and lure her in..still nothing. We are determined to get him, so we'll keep on keeping on.. The Res He lives on is very small!! as soon as an unfamiliar vehicle rolls by, they all start coming out to see who it is. We were lucky to have the Sheriff and CHP accompany us out there twice.

661-316-0036

Post Posted: Mon 08 Aug 2016 12:48 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
As to different data services, you can see if you can sign up for TLO. They will take you if you are a licensed bail agent with an office.

They have a vehicle locate serviced that can be useful if you have a plate number.

Also, their info seems to be more "fresh" than some of the others, at least from my experience.

regarding getting him off the Res, if you haven't already try talking to the tribal police and see if they can help. If the charges are serious enough they may want to get him out f their hair.

But approach it with the idea that you are trying to help him, not just to throw him back in jail.

Post Posted: Mon 08 Aug 2016 15:17 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Unfortunately, there is no Tribal Police. His Mother is the Treasurer on the Tribal Council and I'm pretty sure She's covering for him. As far as Skip-Tracing, I'm not a Bail Agent and my Office is in my Home. so, I guess that ones a no-go. I can run plates through IRB, since I have full account privileges. I'm in no way dissatisfied with IRB, but it would be cool to run reports from 2-3 Companies and compare the Data.

661-316-0036

Post Posted: Tue 09 Aug 2016 20:08 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
What Scott told you about looking for who he may be with is valuable advice, many cases are cleared with that conventional wisdom. It appears that you have already tried the overt approach going there with CHP, imho that's like showing your hand in a game of poker. I prefer to take a low key approach of watching and waiting aka surveillance, I don't want a skip or those associated with him to know I'm even looking for him until I'm ready to put the cuffs on in most cases, the element of surprise is a tried and true tactic.One of the few exceptions to that is a skip that's not a career criminal and has a fairly normal life, then I might shake things up and put a lot of heat on knowing that they will turn themselves in to get it over with.

Post Posted: Wed 10 Aug 2016 07:52 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

That's our next plan of action..to go "low key" We're going to use a different vehicle this time and change our looks up a bit to "fit in" I'm already talking to some of his Friends on Social Media! ;) (with a fake account, of course)

661-316-0036

Post Posted: Sun 14 Aug 2016 20:23 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 567
Point of interest; Sheriff and CHP have virtually no authority on tribal land. Been there, done that!

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion