Bail Agents Associations • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Bail Agents Associations
 Post Posted: Mon 11 Apr 2016 19:14 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Experience: More than 10 years
After doing a little research I was surprised to find that some states don't actually have Bail Agents Associations. Some that do, appear to be very weak and some are very strong and some are somewhere in the middle.
Without a strong association we are playing into the hands of the politicians that would like to see this industry become a memory. I'll speak for the North Carolina Bail Agents Association although I'm not a board member or anything more than a bondsman.

There are approximately 1500 bondsman in NC, Our association was founded in 1992. We have at least two full time lobbyists. Our CE classes consists of speakers such as Superior court judges, elected clerks of court, elected county sheriffs, prosecutors, defense attorneys, representatives of the department of Insurance, which regulate bail bondsman in NC.

We have two state legislators that have direct ties with surety companies, one ex state legislator that currently owns a surety company. Another PLE and CE provider is in constant contact with our state legislators.

Thom Tillis, our NC Congressman is also bail friendly.

We also have bondsman that have run for public office. You'll notice that most everything our association does is surrounded by politics and politicians. This, of course, is by design. So long as we have the politicians in our corner and we are very active in the political process, the politicians need our support and our money, and of course we need them to support us. And they do! Democrats and Republicans!

We can whine, talk about the way we wish things were, but back in 1992 the Association started taking the steps needed to make North Carolina a bail friendly state. BTW, this was all done with a Democratic Governor up until Governor McCrory (Republican) was elected 3 years ago. Prior to that, the democrats had been in control for the last 100 years. It's all about playing the politicians as the politicians try and play us.

We also don't have "Bounty Hunters, FRA's or whatever else you may call them. In fact, it's a crime to use those terms in the course of conducting bail bonds business in NC.

Lastly, as best I can tell, most leave their ego at the door for the good of the business.

So, if you have an Association, or are considering one, you must get into the game of politics.

My two cents in the matter.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post subject: Re: Bail Agents Associations
 Post Posted: Tue 12 Apr 2016 15:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
We are all supposedly a member of the Association here . . . They have a Lobbyist to the Legislator
I do not see anything of value coming out of tho.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion