A rainy day couldn't be brighter • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: A rainy day couldn't be brighter
 Post Posted: Thu 24 Sep 2015 03:09 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4150
Experience: < 3 years
It was a rainy day today in Minnesota. I was just getting on the road to try and pick up one of my small files (1k). I'd been putting this one off for awhile while I chase bigger fish. But I decided today in this sopping weather was the day to go take a whack at it.

So I made my usual phone calls, and managed to reach the cosigner....

CS (that's short for Co Signer for you new folks!) : Hello?

Me : Hi this is Ken, the bail bondsman how are you doin?

CS : I'm alright

Me : I'm calling to talk to you about your cousin, he skipped court on me. You have $1,000.00 or do you want me to find him?

CS : That #$&*, I've been telling him to get this taken care of.

Me : Well its up to you, if you know where he is I'll gladly get him to where he needs to go.

CS : I think he's staying with his mom at (address) but he's probably going to fight you.

Me : Well lets hope not.

So after a few minutes of banter I got off the phone and headed to his Mothers house, a nice wet 45 minute drive from my home. I gotta admit the Cosigner telling me he would fight had me a bit nervous as the guy I had been working with recently got out of recovery work and I was going alone. But of course I'm a bit stubborn and proceeded on.

I arrived at Mom's house, which looked more like a junkyard then a home, the garage door was open and a large, and by large I mean FAT yellow lab was trying to bark at me and hold himself upright at the same time. My first thought was "Great, they know I'm here, and this prick is going to bail out the back". I walked past "Chunky, The wonder dog" and knocked on the door. Mom answered and let me in.

She seemed upset about the situation and told me that her son was indeed staying there, that he'd been living in their basement. I had a look around the basement, which looked more like a Russian gulag than an actual living space. If he was hiding under that junk it would have taken me days to find him. I asked the mother where he could have went, she responded with "Is the grey car outside". I hadn't seen one. "Well if the cars not here, he's not here". I told her I would come back later today and touch base with her and left the house. I walked past "Chunky" and got in my car and backed out of the drive way.

Usually My heart doesn't jump into my chest, but for some reason, having 5 sheriffs deputies jump out at your car while your trying to leave really gets your blood pumping man!

So after they figured out who I was, they told me that they had been to the house earlier today and had no cooperation from the family. I told the deputies what the mother told me, and as we were sharing information, GUESS WHAT DRIVES BY? a grey Oldsmobile. Now this is the country, so the odds of a grey car driving down this road is pretty strange.

The deputies ran the plate and it came back to the house, so naturally they went after it. From what I was told is they found the car abandoned a mile down the road. At this point I'm a bit hungry, so I leave and go get a bite to eat. Thinking to myself, why the hell am I doing this for a 1k?

Anyhoo! I'm mid bite into a reuben sandwich when my skip calls me, and of course its the usual "Ill turn myself in on this day, blah blah blah". But of course I play along. I hang up the phone with him.

I'm about halfway through my corned beef and sauerkraut concoction when I bubble in my brain pops, "How the hell did he get my number? Wait didn't i leave my number with mom?". I pay for my sandwich and head back to the house.

As I'm driving back I spot 3 sheriffs cars parked behind some bushes nearby the property. I pull up and tell them what happened, and that I think he's back at the house. I tell them about the cousins warning and ask them if they'd be willing to help if I can confirm he's in there. They agree.

I drive back to the living junkyard, I was a little disappointed to not see my chubby canine friend outside anymore, but oh well. I go up to the door and knock.....no answer. I knock again....no answer.

So I open the door.

There's mom, sitting on the couch. "I say hi, I'm back! Just wanted to let you know that your son just called me and I wanted to fill you in."

I whisper to her "I know he's here, which room is he in?"

She points down the hallway to here right.

I text one of the deputies that I had spoken to earlier and they show up moments later.

I point down the hallway and they walk in single file to the back bedroom

"SHERIFFS DEPT! COME ON OUT!"

"Fuck You!"

A deputy looks back at me and smiles.

"SHERIFFS DEPT! IF YOU DON'T COME OUT WE'LL COME IN!"

"I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU M'F's TRY!"

They push into the bedroom and I hear the scuffle, shortly after they walk my skip out, (who looked like his face had seen better days) cursing the whole way to their squad car.

The deputy asks me "Do you need anything from me?"

me : Yup I just need an ICR # and your info for the courts

deputy : Sure thing man, here you go.

I left the house and headed home.

I didn't have to fight, I didn't have to argue, I simply got the job done.

And best of all, I'll get off the bond.

Halfway home the rain stopped, and the sun came out to say hi.

I rolled my windows down and looked forward to a nice steak dinner with my family.

Bail License #40313820

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion