Lots of former members are gone... where??? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Lots of former members are gone... where???
 Post Posted: Thu 24 Sep 2015 02:30 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4150
Experience: < 3 years
I'm still here, I dont post usually i just peek in through the curtain sometimes :shock:

Bail License #40313820

Post Posted: Sat 26 Sep 2015 23:29 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4640
Experience: < 3 years
Still Kicking Mr Bill...just have been too busy to do a lot of posting lately. I am also Mason and my lodge has had a lot of things going on lately that kept me hopping between having dinner duty, lectures services, new candidates and a charity chicken bbq. Not counting having to hunt down a few folks and the normal bail bond work. I hope to be on a lot more soon. I hope all is well with everyone.

Bail Bondsman
NPN: 17113240
Holmes Bail Bonding
Johnston County, NC
(919) 376.6661

Post Posted: Wed 28 Oct 2015 04:26 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
Experience: More than 10 years
This is an industry with a constant image problem and it has become increasingly difficult for the dollars to make cents (sense). The days of quietly getting the job done have been replaced by the prevelance of cell phone video cameras, youtube and other media putting the spotlight on everything and inviting revenue hungry lawyers. All we can do is try to stay on message about what this business is really about and perhaps explore strategies with less risk of liability. The book that Rex wrote over 10 years ago titled Desktop Bounty Hunter is a good resource.

Post Posted: Sat 31 Oct 2015 09:50 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
ChuckJ wrote:
This is an industry with a constant image problem and it has become increasingly difficult for the dollars to make cents (sense). The days of quietly getting the job done have been replaced by the prevelance of cell phone video cameras, youtube and other media putting the spotlight on everything and inviting revenue hungry lawyers. All we can do is try to stay on message about what this business is really about and perhaps explore strategies with less risk of liability. The book that Rex wrote over 10 years ago titled Desktop Bounty Hunter is a good resource.

TRUTH

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Thu 05 Nov 2015 04:56 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
I'm around still. I just like to creep in the shadows. But I've been getting busier and busier. Between repo and FR work I am gone 12-15 hrs a day. Ever since I monopolized NH its been... crazy... This industry fell apart when my father and Lace died. You had people like Mr. Abramovitz tear this biz apart by lying, cheating and sealing. It took me 6 long years to work up my rep and reclaim NH. I now have a crack team and a good business.

So as I sat in the shadows and played politics and was forced to watch and read stories of "Bounty Hunters" arrested for assault, B&E, and criminal threatening. I waited and prepared for my day. It was hard, long road however, I am here. I am NOT going anywhere soon. This is my state and my backyard. Help is here for those who need/want it. But try to take away what I have worked nearly 15 years for... "And hell raineth upon the land, washing away the light and dark. But for when it's over only the pure of heart shall stand and rebuild to new splendor".

Greg Dorfman

In loving memory-
Hadley Dorfman 4/8/55-1/15/08

Post Posted: Thu 05 Nov 2015 14:03 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4013
I visit this forum at least a few times every day. I have noticed that interaction has decreased rather significantly over the past year or so...

Los Angeles, California
(323) 786-FIND

"Approach is Everything."

Post Posted: Tue 17 Nov 2015 12:21 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Greg,

I had your dad in a class I taught for the NABEA in Falls Church, VA and he was a great man.
I am happy that you are keeping up the family tradition. I concur with your assessment of Abromowitz.
When Ruffin was still with us, we busted him for trying to show Bob Burton post in his user group. It is not
hard to tell the literate from the illiterate, and his con was quickly brought to light.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Mon 23 Nov 2015 09:02 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
YES.... Speezack is still around...

I have a lot going on in my life and just don't have the energy to post the same ole, same ole and fight the same ole discussions that seem to resurface over and over and over.

I figure if someone is really serious on this industry... they should take the time to read and decipher the content of this site. I, alone, have made almost 5000 posts... maybe a 10th. of them may contain something of possible interest... the rest might make you laugh or they may make you delete this link... you have to make the call on those. :shock: :roll:

I am not a bounty hunter... I am as I always say... just an old bondsman who is too damn cheap to hire somebody to hunt for me... although, I will say... recently, I have had two professionals on cases I chose to farm out.

I will tell one of those tales in another post, with some interesting (my take) side issues.

Anyway, hang in there newbies... it ain't like TV... you won't really make a LOT OF MONEY... but you might just enjoy yourself immensely and live to tell about it............ maybe.

This business can best be described as ..... 23 1/2 hours of complete, total boredom... and maybe 30 minutes or probably a lot less of complete total bedlam... culminating in a large amount of sweat between your butt cheeks... and if your lucky, you might get a few dollars for your effort.... maybe... :mrgreen:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 27 Nov 2015 22:57 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Between coming back from the service disabled and disappointed till today its been a rough group of years. My ex left me in a nasty way (courts) so financialy ive been weak. Plus the whole reorganizing ones life and completely doing a 180 took up alot of time. By the time i chose what i was doing it was several years of investment in learning the craft to be a productive part of what i was doing. Besides that its just been a "keep your head above water" goal for me. Times have changed since the earlier days of FRN. The economy has really tore people up... its harder and harder to make a buck and to make that single buck you gotta bust your humo to the point you almost dont even have time to breathe. The last time i worked a bail bond skipper case was partnered up with Yak when I was about 22-24 years old. Im now 31. I loved talking to everyone here but like some have said... times are different and the business of life is alot worse than before.

Former Military Honorable / Medical (Retired for Life)
U.S. Army / Fort Knox / 1-81 Armor / 19-D Cavalry Armored Reconnaissance Scout

Former Firefighter (New Jersey)
Former Bounty Hunter (New Jersey)
Georgia State Certified Peace Officer #O210022
Certification #PBCO20130210022
Former Georgia State Dept of Corrections - Bootcamp Officer
Former Georgia County Sheriffs Office

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion