Slowing down??? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Slowing down???
 Post Posted: Sun 10 Jan 2016 09:05 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
Chuck is correct, and I don't know if that void was filled by others mentioned, both frauds in my opinion. Chuck you need to approach them with your class or NABBI should and could formulate a program with existing class material from previous presenters.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sun 10 Jan 2016 13:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
It's been a long time since I taught a class and my material would need updating but it is something to think about.

Post Posted: Fri 15 Jan 2016 10:14 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4078
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Hey There Pilgrim!
I have been posting a bit and notice a similar general quiet on the board. And I posted about my new AR, so that one can be scratched off the bucket list. Now as for fights, road trips and general rowdiness, I have accumulated a few tales to tell. Maybe I'll relate them somewhere along the line.

Meanwhile. I'm just pleased to see you are still on the same side of the sod. Hope you been doing well. I've been real busy, between FRA work, process serving and private investigation. Looks like you too have kept some irons in the fire.

Well, I'm heading out to Colorado Springs and have a heap of chores to handle.today, so better get moving in that general direction.

Sturgis, eh? Heck, that's more or less in my general vicinity. If you go to the next one, maybe I could meet up with you to see what mischief could come of it!

Stay safe out there!

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
division of Colorado Bounty Hunter LLC
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Available for Fugitive Recovery, Process Service, Investigation and Legal Courier Service.

Post Posted: Wed 03 Feb 2016 21:54 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
ChuckJ wrote:
If I remember correctly NH required completion of a training course approved by PBUS and Amherst Bail Academy operated by Lance and Hadley was the approved provider. I don't know if someone else became an approved provider in NH but I do remember hearing that Frank Abramovitz and Bob Burton were putting on a class in that area a few years ago.

You are "sort of" correct. You either need that along with 300k insurance policy or you can hunt if you are a NH licensed PI.

There is not a single person who teaches a PBUS course in NH. Mr. Abramovitz claims he does. However he has zero affiliation with PBUS. The "course" he teaches is a fraud. He claims to have his own book that he uses. This book is word for word, page for page Lance's book. I've done the comparison myself. Also I do not believe Bob has ever worked with or for Mr. Abramovitz. I have never been able to prove or disprove this however. Mr. Abramovitz has also claimed to have work with Lance and Hadley. WRONG. Nither liked him at all.

There are only 4 people that have ever worked with Lance and Hadley. 1 became a drug addict and fell off the planet. 1 now lives in GA and is enjoying life with a hot girlfriend. 1 is so busy trying to sleep with every girl in NH to get out and hunt. Then there is myself. I was lucky enough to go through Lances course 1 on 1 with Lance. I learned so much about the history and theory behind bail from Lance. But the real education was from Hadley. He was one of the best skip tracers ever. He could find anybody anywhere. I would watch him work 24/7 sometimes. But his knowledge was not just taught to me it was ingrained in me, passed down to me. I mean, hell, kinda hard to not learn from you father, right?

The question I need answered is complex. Is there a body that has a course that is taught that is comprehensive? Is said course complimented with continuing education of any sort? If not who could I talk to about drawing up such a course? I helped Lance refine his book and helped with research and such. I know this profession and want to help this industry.

We are still cowboys ladies and gents. We learn what is passed to us. It's hard to keep up with laws and regs in every state all the time. Look at NH. Things are changing and fast here because of the Mr. Abramovitzs of the world. They are uneducated and wreck havoc and leave the rest of us to pick up the pieces.

I also am a professional recovery agent (repo man). Up until 5 years ago that industry was in the same boat. But a few people got together and dreamed up and started a sanctioning body that focused on laws, regs, behaviors, and education. Now in order to be able to repo for the largest lenders you NEED to be certified by these bodies and also keep up you education with continuing ed. I am the ONLY certified repo man in NH as for as the their website says. That could be why I am so freaking busy. Im educated and safe and the lenders trust me.

That is what I want for this industry, that is what NH wants for itself. So again, is there a body like that out there for us?

I wanted to ask here before I start cold calling orgs like the PBUS and such. Here I can get real opinions from long time colleagues and friends. I think if I cold called I maybe laughed at or thought crazy.

Thank you,
Greg

Post Posted: Thu 04 Feb 2016 21:30 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4013
bountyhunternh give me a call sometime tomorrow afternoon (PST) so that we can bounce ideas off of each other. I'm too wore out to deal with anything tonight.

Los Angeles, California
(323) 786-FIND

"Approach is Everything."

Post Posted: Fri 05 Feb 2016 10:10 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
I would like to see a "national org" that could set up a certification program. It would take pulling together all the current associations to do that.

And that would be a big undertaking in itself.

I would be a little hesitant to form anything under PBUS. Not because I have differences with some of the leadership but, because in the past and maybe still now, there are different views on whether or not we should even have recovery agents.

That may have changed I don't know.

BUT, this would take a lot of dedicated efforts on quite a few to pull something like this off.

We would have to develop a standardized curriculum, training and testing. Just getting together a core group to do this would require lots of time and personal expense.

How many are willing or able to do that?

Another big obstacle would be to for everyone to get over their own egos. That has killed many organizations.

With all that said, I am willing to work with anyone else that dedicated to put in equal time and energy to set up such a organization.

Just an after thought, it may not have to be just one association or organization. There could be a governing body that the others all agree to follow the standards.

Sort of like the NCAA. All schools have their own athletic bodies but they follow the standards of the NCAA. Don't know if that is a great example or not but I think you all know what I am getting at.

Post Posted: Fri 05 Feb 2016 10:41 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4013
That's very interesting tsuggs, I really think you're onto something...

Los Angeles, California
(323) 786-FIND

"Approach is Everything."

Post Posted: Fri 05 Feb 2016 20:16 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
That sort of training program is needed but it would be quite an undertaking at the national level. I've been thinking about putting together a basic curriculum covering ethics and regulation "not the laws from each state" but where to look for them because laws change and I don't want people reading the curriculum years later and possibly getting outdated information if the laws change. And, perhaps some investigative techniques I've learned over the years. Finding the time to write it is a challenge but I may give it a try.

Greg, I knew both Lance and your Dad, I wouldn't say we were close but we did chat from time to time. Lance told me that he worked with Frank for a time and they had a falling out and Frank said the same. Lance wasn't always easy to get along with but ge was one hell of a BEA/Recovery Agent. Your Dad was a real nice guy and very knowledgeable, I think the two of them made a good team because of their different strengths and their contributions to this industry are memorable.

Post Posted: Sun 07 Feb 2016 19:07 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Both of them were characters, and I knew them both, even had Hadley in a class at the NABEA at least once if I recall correctly. I believe I even have a personalized copy of Lance's last DVD. If you are anything like your Dad, Greg, you are good people.

To the notion of a national class: NABBI.ORG has come the closesty to providing the knowledge, utilizing instructors from all over. You should look into joining. Any class written down to the state level would be outdated prior to going to print. We always reccomend a print out from the state legislative page and statutes regarding your intended undertaking. If it is wrong, you can at least demonmstrate the effort to obtain and comply with the law, and any error is on their end. This is far better than a Google search of some outdated website. Chuck is a great educator, Lance's material was spot on foundationally. The real issue is that you would never receive an appropriate ROI due to the current nature of bail.

I concur with your assessment of Frank, and any material that he said that he wrote, that was passable grammatically, is absolutely not his work.

I will support you any way that I can, in honor of your father.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Wed 23 Mar 2016 05:27 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
You know... Errr... I am bad at checking this forum. I see that some asked me to call over a month ago. I have to apologise. I never really got into forum posting and this behavior is kinda foreign to me. So again I apologise for my lack of being a responsible poster on here.

With that said I am very interested in this idea guys. As I said my future as a BEA depends on it infact. So I am willing to put in effort and take on tasks to get something going.

If ANYBODY wants to reach out to me please call me at 603-219-5707 anytime. If I dont answer I am just running down a skip, with a customer (life change more on that later), or in my bed.

I have on email notifications but that are not coming though so I gotta figure that out. So if you need a response or just want to chat Pm me on here, call me, or email me at Bountyhunter1000@msn.com.

Thanks guys!

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion