Another Smart Move by my Daughter!!! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Another Smart Move by my Daughter!!!
 Post Posted: Wed 10 Dec 2014 18:43 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
I want to commend my daughter, who is a licensed Virginia bail bonds-woman and has operated as such in partnership with me... "Free State Bail Bonds" for over 10 years...

Must have been something in the water but in the last 24 hours we both got several FTA's, three to be exact... two of the three runners were already in jail so that solved those problems but 'Dawn's' skip was a female who believe it or not... had been arrested 5 times in the past week... different locations, different charges but always (with the exception of the one Dawn bonded her on) these other charges had been PR'd.

Well, Dawn asked me to follow her as she did surveillance on the house and during that time, the girls mother left the home, alone and began driving down I-85... southbound.

Dawn had another female friend in the car with her and I was behind in my car... Mom went to the next little town and bought a meal at the drive in at Hardees then bought some gas and headed back onto the interstate and south again...

We followed at a distance until she crossed the NC line... at which time... I called Dawn and told her this lady may be on her way to Florida and I was gonna head back to Virginia... Dawn, like the bull dog she is.... stuck to the lady and kept following... during the chase, Dawn contacted Vine-link and discovered that her skip was in fact being held in Durham in one of the local lockups.

She immediately passed Mother and made her way quickly to the jail .... she anticipated Mother was on the way to get her daughter out of jail and wanted to beat her to the location.

Now.... here is the meat of the story... I do not know how many of you have tried to take someone into custody from a law enforcement facility in another state but let me enlighten you.... as Bill Williams, a NC licensed bondsman and BEA can attest... it is almost impossible to accomplish this feat.... jails absolutely refuse to turn a fugitive over to anyone but another law enforcement agency... you may pick someone off the street but taking them into custody from a jail.... is... let's just say.... in 99% of the time.... bounty hunters from out of state stand little chance.

I can tell you that I and several other members of this site have in fact been able to accomplish taking custody of a fugitive from a jail or lockup... but is is like pulling teeth... even if you have all your ducks in a row... paperwork not withstanding, it is very, very difficult.

Dawn walked into the magistrates office in this facility... presented her credentials... her paperwork which was all in order and luckily for her.... the magistrate that was on duty happened to be the one who had booked the skip in and had placed an unsecured PR bond on her.... however, she had stipulated that she could only be released to someone solid and the skip had mentioned her boyfriend (from Richmond)... so it looked like it was not gonna happen...

Dawn however, presented herself in a very professional manner, had all her credentials in order and was able to talk the magistrate into changing the booking order to allow Dawn to take custody and transport her skip back to Virginia... in addition to this, Dawn was able to turn the fugitive over to a different Virginia jurisdiction than she had been bonded from... this also is often difficult... and although the law stipulates that any jurisdiction is suppose to accept a Virginia fugitive... it very often does not happen and they will make you go back to the bonding jail location.

I just wanted to post this and commend my daughter for a very professional action that worked out well for her. She is professional and her reputation in our AO is exemplary...

Way to go Dawn... I'm proud of you and I might mention Melissa... Dawn's accomplice in the mission... she also did fine and helped maintain the peace during the transport... I must mention that the skip is quite crazy and I for one was very glad that Melissa was on board for this recovery.... thanks to you too Melissa!!! Two rough and tough but but very professional girls... 8) 8)

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post subject: Re: Another Smart Move by my Daughter!!!
 Post Posted: Wed 10 Dec 2014 19:03 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Darn Bill,

Where did she get her cool, calm, professional manner from? It couldn't have been from you! :mrgreen: :P

Just kidding, as they say "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

Glad to hear that Melissa was helping out too. We really enjoyed meeting her back in Oct.

Post Posted: Wed 10 Dec 2014 21:46 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
tsuggs wrote:
Glad to hear that Melissa was helping out too. We really enjoyed meeting her back in Oct.

Well, you know where Melissa is from... your side of the forest... and with her background... she is one tough cookie... and Dawn didn't get anything from me... she has always had what it takes... and that's da truth... now if I could only get her to feel the same way about me... :oops: 8) :roll: Poor little ole me... my entire family thinks I am senile.... hell, they may be right... who knows...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 11 Dec 2014 13:32 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4013
That's awesome! I'm glad that everything worked out well! Sometimes it's no easy feat...

Los Angeles, California
(323) 786-FIND

"Approach is Everything."

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion