Bond Referrals? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Bond Referrals?
 Post Posted: Thu 04 Dec 2014 18:37 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Well it's starting to get irritating. Had finally started to get calls from some of the smaller jails for bonds and now the jailers are basically referring bonds to the highest bidder. The jailers or texting, calling and even telling the defendant who to call for bonding. WOW! Had a jailer actually have the nerve to call me and tell me he had referred the bond I had just written to someone else to make extra money he needed. Me telling him what he was doing was illegal and probably malfeasance in office didn't seem to bother him. Speaking to the police chief probably wouldn't do any good being its a small town and everyones either friends or related somehow. Just burns me with all the advertising and leg work I do for bonds you have slugs like this.

Eunice, La. 70535
337-580-5921
337-491-3883

Post subject: Re: Bond Referrals?
 Post Posted: Thu 04 Dec 2014 19:49 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Tim, you've been writing bonds for 5 to 7 years and it's just now getting irritating????

Unless you take measures to stop it... it won't stop... all you can do is report this activity... the problem with that is that the persons you report it to...are probably on the take also....

Welcome to the bail bonds business.................................... I face this all the time...after 14 years it just keeps on.... I'm not sure what the answer is but just keep yourself honest and try to compete honorably... I could tell so many stories here but it would probably just be a waste of everyone's time.... so I'll just sit back and see what others may say...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 04 Dec 2014 20:57 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Experience: More than 10 years
This has been going on in Jails all over the place.. Here in Miami it is so out of control. You have Correction Officer's referring particular Bail Bondsman .. You have Inmates (Trustees) referring Bail Bondsman with threats of NO PHONE CALLS UNLESS THEY CALL THEIR GUY / GAL...

Almost 5 - 10 times a week I get to the Jail on a New Arrest ..wayyyyyyy before they are even booked into the system fully.. they are not even in the Jail's computer as fully booked.. We have the Indemnitor.. / Appplication / 10%.. and as soon as they book into the system .. I go and try and post the bond and it is ALREADY POSTED. Yes it is really aggravating especially in the middle of the night when you lose sleep waiting .. watching like a ninja.. and rush to the jail only to find out all your hours of work and paperwork were a waste of time as some other unscrupulous bail bondsman posted the persons bond with NO MONEY / NO APP .. Nothing .. :evil:

Welcome to the Bail Bond Business !

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Fri 05 Dec 2014 15:21 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I'm well aware of this going on at the various jails and detention centers. It also as mentioned involves both jailers and inmates on payroll.
Just that I had started to write a few at this particular jail and looks like they were testing to see if I was willing to jump on the train and pay them. WRONG!! I do everything I can to keep that kind of drama out of my business and would get rid of any agent working under my direction caught doing this. We're licensed by the Dept of Insurance but if you make a complaint were directed to state police who in turn want you to provide the evidence. I'm telling you who's doing what, when it occurred and the referencing R.S. code their in violation of and you want me to get the hardcopy evidence. Maybe I'm just being a cry baby. If you have laws in place to govern bondsman, use them.

Eunice, La. 70535
337-580-5921
337-491-3883

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion