Payout Assistants • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Payout Assistants
 Post Posted: Fri 14 Nov 2014 20:58 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4923
Experience: < 3 years
I'm new to the Bail Recovery industry. I know that as a matter of safety an Agent should never do a pickup alone, this is when a Partner or a Team is necessary.

... Here's my dilemma ...

When the average bail in my local area is only $4,000 and 10% for Recovery only amounts to $400 - what's a good method for divvying it up among my team while ensure that the LLC still makes a cut to cover overhead expenses (vehicle maintenance, incorporating costs, fuel) -- such a small amount leaves very little room to paying for a quality team of former law enforcement personnel willing to risk their lives for the job.

Post subject: Re: Payout Assistants
 Post Posted: Fri 14 Nov 2014 23:09 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Experience: More than 10 years
rstarkey wrote:
I'm new to the Bail Recovery industry. I know that as a matter of safety an Agent should never do a pickup alone, this is when a Partner or a Team is necessary.

... Here's my dilemma ...

When the average bail in my local area is only $4,000 and 10% for Recovery only amounts to $400 - what's a good method for divvying it up among my team while ensure that the LLC still makes a cut to cover overhead expenses (vehicle maintenance, incorporating costs, fuel) -- such a small amount leaves very little room to paying for a quality team of former law enforcement personnel willing to risk their lives for the job.

You bring up a valid question ..

This is one reason the "Pick Up" area of Bail in my honest opinion is really not worth it..

If I was presented with a $4000 Skip .. I would go with only one other.. This way $200 each minus gas chip in and maybe a few bucks to pay off some informant for info.. which goes back to your point .. Not much left of the pie after it is split , and eaten.. I rather would write Bail all day every day and execute bonds at the jail and get guaranteed money than go on pick ups. I honestly make more money writing bonds then some Bail Bond Company owners make.. and I make more than what some regular pick up guys get paid (of course here in Miami we are way busier and the bonds are alot more money sometimes...But from my past experience the Small Bond Pick Ups are the most dangerous and most problematic... although pick up's are a necessary evil in our business working for peanuts is not worth your safety and time. I wish you the best in the industry and hopefully a larger more profitable skip comes your way..

Here is a perfect example of why I think pick up's suck... Last week I was asked to look for a skip .. Bond Forfeiture was $1500 .. Owner of Bail Bond Company gave a pick up price of $250 if we catch deft. This breaks down to $125 for me and $125 for my partner.. not much .. We had to drive approx 40 min south and then west ..to Deft's last known address on application.. (Vacant) .. then on to another address after a skip trace (more money spent) then onto Indemnitor's GF address.. address on Application for Indemnitor was false. Another Skip Trace on Ind. revealed a Valid Address.. make contact with Ind's parents.. Ind not home and out with BF (Deft) Deft not allowed at Parents House. Dad Hates Deft and would kill him if he saw him. Finally goto another address 1 hour north .. and 1/2 tank of gas later... and find deft's apartment. Landlord sees us.. comes out and even after telling him not to warn Deft he warns him. Deft goes to Bail Bond office next day and pays owner to re set court date and set aside bench warrant.. We wasted.. hours and hours and hours.. and more hours.. and gas .. and TIME!!!! and we got paid $ O ... spent money on gas and 2 skip traces.. so basically I am out of pocket and in the negative money wise... This is why I hate doing pick ups.

(Friday, Nov. 14th , if you add up all the hours I worked in 24 hours writing 6 Bonds.. 2 in Miami Dade, FL and 4 in Broward, FL.. I think it adds up to about 6 hours total which includes travel time from my house to jails and back home.. I made $600 .. which I will take every day all day over driving around looking for these people that might not even be found and also wasting money on gas .. food.. and most of all my time ! )

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion