Recovery out of CUBA!!! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Recovery out of CUBA!!!
 Post Posted: Sat 18 Oct 2014 07:46 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
I am posting this initially in the 'open discussion' area... however, if you respond to this, please do so in the 'private area' on this site or you may PM me or call me on my cell number as listed.

I figured I might get info from someone that is licensed but not registered on FRN Private Section... so that is why it is here.

I have been contact by a bondsman/recovery agent/PI (not sure of all these licenses but will verify as I move forward on this) out of Florida, who apparently wrote a bond in Virginia (may have done a transfer bond) and now the defendant has apparently gone to Cuba?!!

I basically told him to get out his checkbook but he ask me to do a bit of checking and therefore... this post.

I might address this to the two knowledgeable member north of me.... namely GL and/or SM...

Question arose whether the court would dismiss or exonerate this bond if the writing agent had exhausted all legal means of recovery... my answer was that in my limited experience, I had never known a Virginia court to cut a bondsman any slack whatsoever... nada... and again, get out your checkbook.

If you guys have any other possible solutions for this agent, give me a call. Just trying to help this guy out on a rather unfortunate bond.... (WHICH I ABSOLUTELY WOULD NOT HAVE WRITTEN... but that is why I am still here and others are working at Penny's in the shoe department... :roll: )

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

AGAIN, if you wish to respond in general terms, do so here, but if you have detailed info that might be pertinent to this case, please do so privately, since, as you "real" members know, we don't discuss our secrets or methods to the general public...

BTW... this is a fairly large bond... at least in my way of thinking...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post subject: Re: Recovery out of CUBA!!!
 Post Posted: Sat 18 Oct 2014 19:48 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Bill this gentleman brought this up on facebook, but I do not recall which room. I explained the triple sealed warrant process and the proper course of action directly to him. Apparently, he was not satisfied. I told him to contact you for your attorney contact and former general agent as the one who could represent him properly in VA knowing bail law better than anyone.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sun 19 Oct 2014 06:03 
in memoriam

Thanks Scott; I'll forward that information to him.

"sent from my cellphone"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sun 19 Oct 2014 09:07 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4640
Experience: < 3 years
Damn.....my friend...but obviously going to Cuba to retrieve said subject is out of the question. Like you said..."Get The Checkbook"....However, I do feel bad...I hope it wasn't a large bond.

Bail Bondsman
NPN: 17113240
Holmes Bail Bonding
Johnston County, NC
(919) 376.6661

Post Posted: Sun 19 Oct 2014 15:33 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
This story makes a good point that bail agents must know whom they are posting bail for. All defendants that want me to post a bond for that has an accent, I am doubly careful with.

Discrimination? Prejudice? Profiling?

You bet your a$$ I am!

That does not mean I will not post bail for them. It just means I get all my ducks lined up very tightly.

I have experienced that even naturalize citizens will have dual citizenship. They can and sometimes will take off and go back "home" if facing a long prison term here.

Some bail agent or the court will confiscate that persons passport. But all they have to do is go to their local embassy and get another. So taking a passport may not be enough to keep that person in the country.

Doesn't matter how small the bond amount, if I feel this person may run, I get collateral or don't write the bond.

Post Posted: Sun 19 Oct 2014 17:16 
in memoriam

I will post this in another thread but it relates to this thread, so...............

I'll mention someone here that may be helpful to those in similar situations in Virginia.

I highly recommend this attorney, he was at one time, my general agent, as he also owns a bonding company (Exit Bail Bonds- Hampton, VA. ) as well as being a practicing attorney.

He has also represented me in several bond related cases and has prevailed in all.

He has a plane and travels around the country... he just gave a presentation and taught a class at the Bail USA annual convention in California, so he is well connected. He is a good man to know and I offer this to anyone in this business that needs an excellent attorney who is well versed in the bond laws.

You should be able to reach him at the following numbers.

You can mention my name if your so inclined... that may get a laugh.

Steve Grobel
Hampton, Virginia
Cell: 757-846-0373
Work:757-868-3764

Post Posted: Sun 19 Oct 2014 17:27 
in memoriam

tsuggs wrote:
This story makes a good point that bail agents must know whom they are posting bail for. All defendants that want me to post a bond for that has an accent, I am doubly careful with.Discrimination? Prejudice? Profiling?You bet your a$$ I am!
That does not mean I will not post bail for them. It just means I get all my ducks lined up very tightly.

Doesn't matter how small the bond amount, if I feel this person may run, I get collateral or don't write the bond.

Absolutely the truth Tony...

I have even written illegals.... of course with full collateral plus my fee...

I also have taken chances with some that have convinced me that they are ok.... I will say that you just have to be well versed in "reading people".

I think that ability is probably one of the most important abilities a bondsman can have... I will also make a blanket statement that I have found true in not only this but many businesses.

"There are good people that just get into trouble by making bad judgements and there are also good people that just don't have a lot of money."

Making a determination as this relates to your business practices ... IMHO is extremely important in your day to day activities.

Also, note the little line below my signature and that pretty much sums it up.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion