Ahh Politics, And Sore A**es • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Ahh Politics, And Sore A**es
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Jun 2014 21:07 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4150
Experience: < 3 years
My short rant.

Bobby Joe: Hey man I got a lead on Joe Skip, Wanna come out and hunt?

Billy Jay: Sure buddy! I have a few files of my own I've been trying to work. Let's go out and get some work done!

One hour later*

Billy Jay: Well buddy we've exhausted all the leads on your file , I got a address not far from here for one of my forfeitures, maybe we should head over there an-

Bobby Joe: Oh sorry man! I gotta go home and see my kids/wife/girlfriend/stare at the floor/be a jackwagon/etc. Maybe some other time!

Why You Sonofa...

Bail License #40313820

Post subject: Re: Ahh Politics, And Sore A**es
 Post Posted: Fri 13 Jun 2014 06:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Experience: More than 10 years
I can relate to this big time. That's one reason, I almost always work alone.

Bill

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Fri 13 Jun 2014 19:55 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1988
B Williams wrote:
I can relate to this big time. That's one reason, I almost always work alone.

Bill

I can also relate to this Bill, it is only a few people that I will work with. Most times I do all the work myself and taken the action as needed.

Attachments:
SPEAK ENGLISH.jpg
SPEAK ENGLISH.jpg [ 24.25 KiB | Viewed 18445 times ]

Tel: 1-800-387-0787

Anti-Moral Majority Club President
"Fear not the unknown, Fear the person who controls the unknown" Gene 7:14

Post Posted: Thu 19 Jun 2014 08:35 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
You guys know the drill... I too work alone... unless I have an indication that the person I am after is gonna hurt me... then I call ... probably one of you two.... I recommend either of these two guys.... Bill W. and Gene L. I am very familiar with both and they will absolutely get the job done...

Call them if you think your gonna.......... encounter a bit of ............. rough stuff... be like me... I am a candy azz and do not wish to get a knot on my little head... I tell the ones I do go after... "I am old and will not chase you or fight you... you can ride with me in the comfort of my AC car and if your nice.... I may stop at McDonald's and get you a strawberry milkshake... or... you can take off and I will just call the SWAT guys and they can bounce you off the ground a few times, cuff you behind your back, toss you in the patty wagon, which is probably not AC'd... and haul you to jail... which would you prefer?"

... but also, I only work with those I have vetted to a very lengthy degree.... all you newbies, take that to heart.

added later.......... Something I learned in all those sales meetings and seminars from back in the insurance business... and this is basic... "As an alternative to asking someone if they want to buy".... instead... simply give them a choice of usually two decisions.... so their thought process and usual response is to choose one of the choices you offer.... thereby possibly bypassing a "No" answer... this does work quite often... and may lead to a more controllable response, in my opinion.... 8) I think this is or was referred to as the "Choice Close"... :shock: :shock:

All you people do understand that we, as human beings, are all salesmen (or women) every interaction you have in life is a selling situation... remember that............. it is very important to keep that thought process in your little head... you are always selling something.... ALWAYS!

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 19 Jun 2014 13:40 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Believe it or not, I can probably count on two hands the number of times I've had to defend myself physically in this business. I'm actually having a hard time remembering 5 times I've actually had to defend myself as a recovery agent.

I've BS'd my way through this game for many years. All the military training, police training, defensive training in my life has never come in as handy as my sales experience, and that's the absolute truth.

This isn't bragging by any means but I'll tell you about a small case I worked just a week or so ago.

The client emailed the paperwork. I did very little skip tracing because about all that was needed to find this guy was on the application.

He had jumped bail out of Jacksonville NC and was holed up in Charlotte NC. This guy is 24 years old , stands 6'6" and I don't recall what he weighed, but he was on the skinny side.

I approached this guy and simply gave him two choices (as Bill referred to and thank God he chose the easy route :shock: .

He had this huge cast on his right hand which prevented me from properly cuffing him. Actually Bill Marx gave me some suggestions on how to get around that one.

I picked him up in Charlotte, told his Mom and Dad Goodbye, allowed him to say his good-byes and off we went to Jacksonville. We stopped at a Burger King and he ate really well prior to his being locked up.

Among his charges were assault inflicting serious injury and I have no doubt that if I'd tried playing Rambo with this young man I would have been seriously injured as well.

The point I'm trying to make for some of the folks that haven't been in this game very long is, you absolutely don't have to play tough guy in this business. If you did, I'd been out of business long ago.

If you're confident in your abilities to defend yourself, your skip will see and feel that to his very soul and things are likely to go rather smoothly.

On the other hand, always be prepared for things to go badly, because they sometimes do. But don't assume you have to play tough guy with every skip you hunt.

Having said all that, always be prepared for the worse.

Bill

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Post Posted: Thu 19 Jun 2014 18:49 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Bill how come all of my skips beat the crap out of me and i end up peeing myself?

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Thu 19 Jun 2014 20:15 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Scott,

Try and estimate the times you actually had to fight to defend yourself while re-arresting a skip. I'm guessing the number is very low. Enquiring minds want to know.

Bill

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Post Posted: Fri 20 Jun 2014 09:11 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Only a few Bill. Like you and the older Bill said, sales and being of a quick wit always help. I have had several hands on incidents, one where I put one cuff on and the fight was on, the other when a guy put a 9mm to my forehead, it did not go the way he had intended...

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Fri 20 Jun 2014 11:15 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

My bad. I forgot about one. Had one hand cuffed and the fight was on. He pulled a sword from his pocket (actually a pocket knife but looked like a sword at the time). I think I peed my pants on that one. I know he went to jail.

Be prepared for the worst, but don't do things to make the situation worse.

BTW, as Bill Marx would say, This advice is worth every penny you've paid for it.

Bill

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Post Posted: Tue 24 Jun 2014 14:41 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
My firearms instructor said, when someone points a gun at you or pulls a knife, it becomes a big a$$ gun or in Bill W. case, the knife became a big a$$ sword.

Your focus is on that weapon and everything else seems small in comparison. I know, I had a knife pulled on me, but not in a bail related situation.

My focus was on it and less of what the perps other hand was doing. After some punching, kicking, scratching, biting and rolling around on the ground, I got the knife pent under my left leg where he could not move it. Then the cops showed up and he went to jail.

But it was a really big knife while the fight was on. Afterwards, it turned out to be only a 6 inch blade.

When the DA showed me a picture of it later, I didn't recognize it.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion