Marine Corp Marathon • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Marine Corp Marathon
 Post Posted: Mon 19 May 2014 14:24 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Gang,

Well, the Boss is running her a$$ all over, again. She’s training for another marathon, her 10th and this time is raising funds for the Marine Corps Marathon’s Charity Partner, Azalea Charities Aid for Wounded Warriors.

The Marathon will be October 26, 2014 in Washington DC / Virginia Area. So we will be back on the East Coast again this year.

(Bill get the guest room ready and let Lucy and Lucky know we are coming back! :wink: )

Ordinarily, runners pay a registration fee. However for the MCM, they require runners to raise funds for the Wounded Warriors. I normally don't like to solicit donations from friends but, she is MAKING ME DO IT!

So to save me from catching another frying pan to the head, please consider making even a small donation.

Regarding the charity, I, on her behalf, invite you to visit her Active.com fundraising page by clicking on this link: http://www.active.com/donate/TeamAzalea2014/DSuggs85

On the page she talks a bit about why she chose this Marine Corps Marathon Charity Partner, suggests how you can find out more information, and gives you the option to make an online gift. If you want to check out the Charity partner’s website, here is the link: http://www.azaleacharities.org/

If you are moved to make a gift and prefer to do so offline, I have attached a form that can be printed out and mailed. As it states, no amount is too small.

Thanks and my still recovering head thanks you too,

Tony

Droslyn C. Suggs | Associate Senior Consultant and Corporate Secretary

Marts&Lundy
o. 510.965.0990 | c. 415.254.2031
http://www.martsandlundy.com"

Attachments:
TEAM Azalea Charities DonationForm.pdf [400.58 KiB]
Downloaded 980 times

Post subject: Re: Marine Corp Marathon
 Post Posted: Mon 19 May 2014 20:00 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Two comments...

First:
"Bill and Gail's Bed and Breakfast" is available that evening... at a very modest cost indeed... Queen size 4 poster bed, Direct TV HD, adjoining private bath, kitchen privileges, our two dogs, Lucy and Lucky will accompany the guests to the bedroom where they will ultimately sleep at the foot of your bed making sure that your feet do not get cold and that if by chance, you should have acquired a small morsel of chicken breast or steak from the evening meal... you would slip both a small tidbit as an nitecap bite. Morning coffee will be served and a continental breakfast is planned. Since this is to be in October, the pool will not be open, although you may use the local gym for exercise if you so desire. Checkout is usually around 2pm... although sometimes it is 6 or 7pm or not at all depending upon how well you are at cooking dinner.

Second:
Gail and I have made a small donation and would challenge anyone on FRN to do the same. A very worthy cause. Please step up to the plate... nothing is too small and anything would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck Dros, hope you win, but regardless of the outcome, you are a winner in our eyes.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 21 May 2014 12:17 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Dear Marx Resort, we will put our reservations in once we get all the transportation details worked out.

We will sneak a few doggie treats in our luggage for Lucky and Lucy.

The Boss will only have a chance to "win" in her age group which I will not mention here for fear of taking another frying pan in the head.

The "elite" men and women are in the 2 1/2 hour range while the Boss would be happy to make it in under 5 hours.

Me, I will be sitting at the finish line with a cool or maybe warm alcoholic beverage, depending on the weather conditions. 8)

Post Posted: Tue 02 Dec 2014 10:07 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
As a follow up on this little thread... I know I posted in another thread but just wanted to add another here.... just in case it was missed earlier..........

Tony and "the Boss" attended and participated in this "Marine" marathon and made a quick stop at my home... we also had a meal at "Mildreds" before they departed for home via friends in western Virginia...

Thanks for the visit.. I thoroughly enjoyed it.... take care and good luck in future marathons...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Tue 02 Dec 2014 10:19 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I wish we had more time to spend with Bill and Gail. But as always, we had to stop in at Mildreds and enjoy a great meal.

The best part of all of course is visiting with ALL the Marxs. That includes Lucky and Lucy.

BTW Bill, how's your "granddaughter" doing? We really enjoyed meeting her.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion