Stealing From Ourselves! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Stealing From Ourselves!
 Post Posted: Wed 21 May 2014 18:28 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Experience: More than 10 years
The SUV rolling on 24's reminded me of a particular bondsman. He and his wife were driving a Mercedes Escalade. They started undercutting everybody. Taking 3, 4 percent down and financing the rest.

They are now driving an Enterprise rental car.

I never have bought into the "volume theory".

To clarify. In North Carolina you can post bond and charge nothing down and nothing in the future and it's legal. You can't charge more than 15 percent. This really needs to be addressed and I think some are working on it.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Wed 21 May 2014 20:41 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Back when I thought I was a major player in the restaurant/bar/motel/gun shop business..... I was talking to a couple of my buddies who were also in the bar business in a much larger area.... Richmond to be exact.... we were just sitting around comparing notes and I heard one say to another.... "Hey John.... you know, I'm not making much of a profit but I've really got the volume..."

His idea was to undercut prices in the market and pull in a larger crowd.... but with such a small margin, he didn't really last too long...

There is another saying that... "“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin

I think that pretty much applies to most things in this capitalistic world we live in... even in our business....

Another one I use is............ "I ain't cheap, but I'm worth it" I don't know who authored that one, but I use it all the time.... and when someone tells me they can get it done for 3 or 4%... I tell them to go to it.... I will not compromise my ethics ... sometimes it really bites me to do it but so far, I am still in business after 13 plus years....

There will always be those that will undercut your price.... just don't let them degrade your ethics or your quality of business....

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 22 May 2014 14:43 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4640
Experience: < 3 years
Mr. B.

We have this knucklehead that charged 5% now he has went down to 3%...This to me sounds like an act of desparation. It chaps my ass when I get a bond call and the first thing they asked is if I charge 5%. Like I have said before they are the defendants and locked up so if everyone was charging the same it would put an end to this Monte Hall style of bailbonding. Another thing that is ticking me off is those bondsmen that think the magistrates office is their personal campground.

B Williams wrote:
The SUV rolling on 24's reminded me of a particular bondsman. He and his wife were driving a Mercedes Escalade. They started undercutting everybody. Taking 3, 4 percent down and financing the rest.

They are now driving an Enterprise rental car.

I never have bought into the "volume theory".

To clarify. In North Carolina you can post bond and charge nothing down and nothing in the future and it's legal. You can't charge more than 15 percent. This really needs to be addressed and I think some are working on it.

Bail Bondsman
NPN: 17113240
Holmes Bail Bonding
Johnston County, NC
(919) 376.6661

Post Posted: Thu 22 May 2014 16:25 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Ask your client's that want to put down half or less, would you be satisfied with only getting half way out of jail?

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Thu 22 May 2014 20:49 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
when someone tells me they can get it done for 3 or 4%... I tell them to go to it.... I will not compromise my ethics ... sometimes it really bites me to do it but so far, I am still in business after 13 plus years....

There will always be those that will undercut your price.... just don't let them degrade your ethics or your quality of business....

YES !

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Fri 23 May 2014 08:38 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4640
Experience: < 3 years
Very well said!!!

Bail Bondsman
NPN: 17113240
Holmes Bail Bonding
Johnston County, NC
(919) 376.6661

Post Posted: Fri 23 May 2014 12:42 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Robert,

We don't get asked if we do "5%" anymore. Its do you do "1%"

Just had a call like that this morning at 3;34 AM on a $10K warrant out of a county that is 4 hours north of me.

So, if there's a problem I have to deal with a court that takes half a day to get to.

No thanks.

Post Posted: Fri 23 May 2014 15:14 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
tsuggs wrote:
Just had a call like that this morning at 3;34 AM on a $10K warrant out of a county that is 4 hours north of me.So, if there's a problem I have to deal with a court that takes half a day to get to.No thanks.

That would be like me getting a call out of DC (190 miles one way) on a 10K and they wanted to pay me $100.... I don't open my office door for less than $150... and that is on a bond that is less than $1500..... and if it is out of my jurisdiction (about 50 miles in any direction)... I pass on it.

I still have my CDL with 30 years experience... I can be working this afternoon if need be.... and if push comes to shuv.... I will climb back in a big rig before I lower myself to work with these 'cracker heads'...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion