skip from Md now in FL • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: skip from Md now in FL
 Post Posted: Sun 20 Apr 2014 07:37 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
i have a skip from Md who is now in FL living with dad and sister, not to sure of the laws in Fl, who can i contact in Fl to do a pick up for me?

Post subject: Re: skip from Md now in FL
 Post Posted: Sun 20 Apr 2014 07:58 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
You should call Jeff at (305) 219-1516

NYPD BLUE on this site.... former NYC Cop... Florida BB and PI... He can get the job done if anyone can...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sun 20 Apr 2014 14:17 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Ryant, as the bondsman, you are allowed to go to FLORIDA and affect the apprehension yourself.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sun 20 Apr 2014 16:50 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
FLORIDA LAW - Regarding Bail Bondsman

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=15474" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Authority of Out-of-State Bondsman to Arrest

An out-of-state bondsman has the authority
to recapture a principal in Florida,
if he/she holds an equivalent license (to
that which is issued in Florida) by the state
where the bond was written. Florida Statutes
§ 648.30(3). Additionally, the power of
an out-of-state bondsman is derived from
federal case law and recognized by the Florida
Supreme Court. Register v. Barton, 75
So. 2d 187 (Fla.1954). If a person arresting
a principal is not licensed under Florida law
or by a foreign state, the arrest may be in
with an arrest of a principal effected by an
out-of-state bondsman, should make inquires
as to the licensure and authority of
the out-of-state bondsman.

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Sun 27 Apr 2014 02:50 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Experience: 7 - 10 years
Exactly. If you are from another state other than Florida you can enter Florida and apprehend the fugitive. I am from Minnesota, but currently in South Carolina working a file and soon to be in Florida for another. If you are still looking for assistance PM me and we can discuss it

Post Posted: Sun 27 Apr 2014 06:55 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Bail Files wrote:
Exactly. If you are from another state other than Florida you can enter Florida and apprehend the fugitive. I am from Minnesota, but currently in South Carolina working a file and soon to be in Florida for another. If you are still looking for assistance PM me and we can discuss it

Out of State Bail Bondsman recovering people in FL can be dangerous.. every officer in every part of FL either doesnt know the law or knows what they want about the law... you will not win arguing with the FLORIDA Police Officer .. he will simply just arrest you and be on his way and you can explain it to the Judge.. FL is very tempermental when it comes to recoveries especially in particuliar counties.. Some Areas the Officers are very easy to work with and some look for any reason to arrest you or make it that much more difficult to obtain your apprehension of your defendant.

You MUST BE "LICENSED" from the State where the Bail Bond was written.. if you are entering FL .. So for example if you are from Maryland .. and the Bond was written in Maryland .. and you are LICENSED in Maryland .. then you will be ok... If you are from another state for example lets say .. Minnesota.. and you are assisting in the recovery with a Maryland Bondsman you may get arrested for Kidnapping.. and if you are armed while doing so .. then Armed Kidnapping... (which is non-bondable offense in FL., so you will be siiting in jail until your Attorney can get you an Arthur Hearing to Set Bond), and dont forget catching a charge of Bounty Hunting without a license (3rd Deg Felony). Make sure you are very careful when entering FL from out of state.. its always a good call to have a FL Bail Bondsman there to effect the arrest sometimes to be on the safe side .. and then let them "hand off" the deft to you for your travels back to your jurisdiction of the defendant's bond.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... 48.30.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

The 2013 Florida Statutes

Title XXXVII
INSURANCE Chapter 648 BAIL BOND AGENTS

648.30 Licensure and appointment required.—
(1) A person may not act in the capacity of a bail bond agent or temporary bail bond agent or perform any of the functions, duties, or powers prescribed for bail bond agents or temporary bail bond agents under this chapter unless that person is qualified, licensed, and appointed as provided in this chapter.
(2) A person may not represent himself or herself to be a bail enforcement agent, bounty hunter, or other similar title in this state.
(3) A person, other than a certified law enforcement officer, may not apprehend, detain, or arrest a principal on a bond, wherever issued, unless that person is qualified, licensed, and appointed as provided in this chapter or licensed as a bail bond agent or bail bond enforcement agent, or holds an equivalent license by the state where the bond was written.
(4) Any person who violates this section commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
History.—s. 4, ch. 29621, 1955; s. 177, ch. 70-339; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 6, 71, 72, ch. 82-175; ss. 50, 51, ch. 84-103; s. 5, ch. 87-321; ss. 8, 46, 47, ch. 90-131; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 7, ch. 96-372; s. 6, ch. 2002-260.
Note.—Former s. 903.40.

If you see yourself getting pretty silver bracelets being placed on your wrists by the nice Police Officer or Deputy then try and have my cell # written on your hand before you do your apprehension so that you may call me for a Bail Bond yourself when you get arested.. IF you can be bonded out .. and are not held on a Non-Bondable offense. Just Saying..Be Careful .. food for thought..
Its better to have my # and not need it than to need it and not have it ...

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Sun 27 Apr 2014 14:50 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Experience: 7 - 10 years
Nice post, I did not know you had to be licensed from the issuing state. In my defense I have always sought skips from Minnesota..

Post Posted: Mon 28 Apr 2014 11:02 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Also we have Alan Lassiter in Winter haven FL, so depending on the skips location you may need to all Alan at:
863-287-7095.

Post Posted: Mon 28 Apr 2014 11:15 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Ryan, you must be a licensed bondsman from the originating state and appointed by the same surety that wrote the bond. In Ryant's case, he is a licensed bondsman in MD, as his his brother, and they are allowed to affect their own apprehension legally. Ryan, South Carolina is pretty strict as well, and onew must know the laws there too, and be a licensed bail runner. In SC, you can only work for 1 bondsman, no freelance, to my understanding. If I am wrong, I will be corrected shortly!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Wed 09 Jul 2014 17:40 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Not sure if this was ever resolved but I can tell you that I have done recoveries, personally, in both South Carolina and Florida and I never had a problem in either... but... and I repeat this... but... I had all my ducks in a row and I contacted local LE with all my paperwork and was very respectful... in every instance, I was able to successfully carry out my missions... it has everything to do with .... number one.... the state laws... number two... your legality including your paperwork... and equally as important is the way you conduct yourself in the course of the action... so... without further story telling... it can be done.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion