More about guns • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: More about guns
 Post Posted: Sat 23 Aug 2014 11:16 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4923
Experience: < 3 years
Yesterday I purchased my first firearm - Glock 19 Gen 4. $530 + Tax brought it to $582. The shop had to special order it for me, but it's paid in full - just got to do the FBI Background check when it comes in on Tuesday.

Arizona is a Concealed or Open Carry state - no permit required on either.

Post Posted: Sat 23 Aug 2014 20:30 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Great gun, congrats! !!

Sent from my cell.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sun 24 Aug 2014 15:45 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
I like mine and Bill Marx probably has several as well as stock in the company!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Tue 26 Aug 2014 01:06 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Brought the P238 Sig home. The wife loves it. May have trouble keeping it away from her. Got to love a woman who likes guns. :D

360 237 1721 efax
408 402 2710 work cell
DOI Bail Agent Lic 1844214
BSIS G1533544

Go hug a Tree

Post Posted: Mon 08 Sep 2014 19:50 
in memoriam

Another opinion here.... this time on holsters... carry holsters... IWB holsters (inside the waistband)

I read all the time about choices in carry holsters... we see ads in all the gun books, TV shows relating to guns... etc. etc...

Well, I have to state my thoughts here (as I usually do) take it or leave it... my opinion only and worth every penny of it....

I have probably half dozen pistols that I carry from time to time.... which one depends a lot about what and where I am going and how I am dressed...

I always carry concealed, never open... so to that end I aim my little advice... or opinion if you will.

Most of my carry guns are relatively small... some are ridiculously small... like the current little Bond Arms Derringer I carry in .45 long colt.... I know, I know.... only two shots... oh well.... what can I say...

Anyway, the other range in size up to maybe a small 1911 style....

I have carried for years and my main thought is comfort and accessibility... also, you want to make sure the gun doesn't fall out of the holster and hit the ground and an inopportune time... like when you are sitting down to a nice dinner in your favorite restaurant....

The one I most often choose is also the cheapest of the lot... yep, cheapest... not always the best way to go but in this instance it has served me well for many years...

I could talk about oh so many great IWB holsters... high dollar... leather, web, plastic, cloth... more choices than you would ever imagine... and frankly, I probably have one of maybe most of them... all great... but all probalby not needed in the overall scheme of things... (boy I know I am gonna get blasted by the experts here... of which and obviously, I do not profess to be)

Blackhawk or Uncle Mikes or any of a few others that make these little, what I call 'cheapies', can be had for probably under $15... IMHO... they are comfortable, light, hold the weapon as secure as any without a strap and when they wear, you can replace them probably a dozen times for what you would pay for a really nice leather holster. Offered in a variety of sizes to fit most any gun you might have.... I offer this as just a little something for you to consider.... it works for me, it may for you...

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Mon 08 Sep 2014 20:15 
in memoriam

Mdbtyhtr wrote:
Bill,I have that same Derringer with both barrels, .357 and .45 LC in the presentation box made by Texas Arms, who I believe is out of business. we need to get together to see if there is any difference in these two.Incidentally, it is Leonard Padilla, not Louis, but I don't mean to be critical.Scott

I would like to see that gun Scott... maybe we can meet up sometime... Richmond or somewhere for lunch if your in the neighborhood... as for Leonard... no biggie... I need all the correcting I can get... I make a lot more mistakes these days... BTW... you need to see my new bike... it is pretty nice, if I say so myself.... you'ld like it... being an '06 I got it for a pretty good price... I have never owned a totally new Harley... never had that much money at once.... besides, Gail restricts my purchases... or at least thinks she does.............. :roll:

Post Posted: Mon 24 Nov 2014 19:08 
in memoriam

Ok folks... here's a little quiz...

Last week, in the new series "State of Affairs"... in the last few scenes when the CIA operative breaks into Tuckers apartment... there are two pistols laid on the table and you get a brief look at them... if you recorded this episode... you can run thru it and pause at that point...

Question... who can name the two pistols that were shown in that scene... one is pretty easy but the other... well, I'll give you a hint... it is a new addition to the revolver scene and involves a rather unique design... the gun also carries the name of the person who took over the company in 1987....

Post your answer, if you have to look it up... hold off... see if anyone can name it without looking it up...

... give you another hint... I posted a picture of "both guns" on this website sometime back... not necessarily in this thread.

.. another hint... one is a semi-auto and the other is a revolver and they are both considered CCW guns.

I'll post a picture of the two in a couple of days... JUST TRYING TO EDUCATE SOME OF YOU ON GUNS... remember how all you old farts used to be able to identify every single car from about 1950 up into the late 70's... well, this is sort of the same thing... just different items... 8)

Post Posted: Wed 26 Nov 2014 20:40 
in memoriam

Ok...

Name them.... I'll wait a few days before I make another post on them... surely somebody can identify these.... 8)

Post Posted: Wed 26 Nov 2014 21:16 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
speezack wrote:
Ok...

Name them.... I'll wait a few days before I make another post on them... surely somebody can identify these.... 8)

S&W Bodyguard

and ...

a Chiappa Rhino..

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Thu 27 Nov 2014 09:01 
in memoriam

Well, I figured a former cop would know....

Right on the money Jeff... not many would know the Rino... a rather interesting gun but I'll just stick with the 'conventional'...

Where do I send the check? 8)

BTW... I have another rifle I'm gonna stick on here.... do you think this thread is boring... I am just trying to add a bit of interest to those that are into this stuff, like I am..... 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion