More about guns • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: More about guns
 Post Posted: Wed 02 Dec 2015 21:14 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Mdbtyhtr wrote:
BillThe Savage .22 you just purchased, was that from Green Top? I remember you looking at various .22s like a young man looks at cheerleaders, you know, with the druel out of the corner of your mouth!Scott

Actually, I bought it at Dances' in Colonial Hghts.... they had a little better deal.... and the entire gun was camo which is what I really wanted and as I remember GreenTop... the scope and barrel were not camoed...

... as for cheerleaders... well, I haven't found one of those that I could handle... at least not for under $500.... ... uuuhhhh.... sort of gives a bit more meaning to.... my 'sweat... uh swat team member'

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sun 31 Jan 2016 18:45 
in memoriam

Ok... so now my only military guns in my arsenal...

I did put a nice scope on the M1A1(M14) .308 cal.... a Vortex/Viper 1X4 with a lighted reticle... very nice scope...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
ADDED THIS BIT OF HISTORY IN CASE YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED....

The M4 5.56mm (.223 cal.) has a EOtech holographic lighted sight... also very nice.Springfield M1A1... civilian version semi-auto... of the M14 select fire... .308 with a nice 1x4 vortex/viper scope; this is the Scout version with a 18" barrel... the standard has a 22" barrel while the very short... SOCOM has a 16"... I opted for the Scout because I wanted a semi-auto .308 with a shorter barrel than the standard... the SOCOM was just too short for me... This one is sporting a 5 round mag... but I have several others... including a 30 round one which I may never have use.... hopefully...

FYI... History on the M14 was simply to replace 4 other military weapons used at the time... the M1 garand, the M1 Carbine, the BAR and the M3 MG... began production in '59... I might add that while the Army got the weapon pretty much right after that... the Marines (I know cause I participated in this) did not get this issued to them until late '62... if fact, when I went through PI... I qualified with the old M1 garand (30.06)... I might add that the M14 and then the M1A is the last military issued weapon in the US to use the 7.62 (.30 cal.)... 5.56 (.22) is the norm at this point.

Colt M4 5.56 (.22)... newest model... with a holographic Eotech sight.

FYI... History on the M4... adopted by the military in '94 to replace the M16... which had in turn replaced the M14... from what I can gather... the M4 was just recently (last fall) adopted by the Marine Corp as the primary infantry weapon... not sure of this but I think this is accurate. There are many variants of this weapon used in a very wide application across the military and civilian forces worldwide. This is one of them... I like the desert sand color... it's just a standard M4... semi-auto of course...

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sat 13 Feb 2016 09:03 
in memoriam

Had a really nice Christmas present from my family... they knew not to try and buy me something... cause I am so damn picky and anyway... they just did what they usually do whenever I'm supposed to get some sort of surprise gift... they gave me a bunch of 'gift cards' to Bass Pro Shop...

You know what I did... yep... didn't really need any more guns... but I sort of wanted a nice air gun that I could practice with... in town... in my backyard and maybe even do a little squirrel, rabbit or crow hunting... so... here tis.... I might mention first... I have a couple of older Benjamin's that work really good but I did a bit of research and decided to opt for this nice little Winchester 1400cs .177 cal. (4.5mm) single shot with a nice scope...

Good little varmint gun and for less than $250.00... of course it is manufactured by Daisy but sold under the Winchester label... gonna take it out this afternoon and sight the scope...

Came with a nice little 3X9 scope, bi-pod and yes, that is a suppressor on the end of the barrel... not really a silencer but it is supposed to quiet it down at least 50%... we shall see....

I might mention... this is supposed to shoot that little .177 pellet at close to 1400FPS... that is faster than a .45... and on par with some .22lr... and is supposed to be accurate out to around 175yds... according to the manual... again... we shall see...

Post Posted: Sun 11 Sep 2016 12:41 
in memoriam

and some more.... stuff...

took one of my old deer guns... a banged up 788 Remington in .308 and had it camouflaged... by a very professional gun smith in my area.... bang up job...

... also, in the past few months... I managed to find a nice little Colt Mustang... Plus II... not particularly rare but sometimes hard to find... in .380.

... and also a nice older Smith 9mm....

Post Posted: Sun 11 Sep 2016 17:07 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
I would post some of my recent acquisitions but here in Commifornia, a couple of them will be illegal to possess after Jan 1.

Soooooooo, what they don't know ............... 8)

Post Posted: Tue 13 Sep 2016 15:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
tsuggs wrote:
I would post some of my recent acquisitions but here in Commifornia, a couple of them will be illegal to possess after Jan 1.

Soooooooo, what they don't know ............... 8)

YOU still have ANY guns out in that crazy part of the world ? . . . Yeah, I did not think so . . . Must have some pics to remember what it was like to once be able possess them, tho, huh ?

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Wed 14 Sep 2016 18:17 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Some people actually have some decent firearms. Now I am not saying that I do but ..........

After Jan. 1 all semi auto pistols will be removed from the approved list for sell in CA. Now I heard that there is a court or several court filings in the works to put a hold on that. I am not too optimistic.

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

That link will get you to the CA DOJ website that shows every handgun that is legal to buy in CA will not be after Jan 1, 2017.

To re qualify, the manufacturers will have to make those firearms meet the new safety and "Smart gun" technology requirements.

Also, all magazines over 10 rounds capacity will have to be turned in, transferred out of state or destroyed.

All ARs or any semi auto rifles with a "bullet button" mag release with have to be registered as Assault Weapons. Then down the road they will ban them like they did with AKs, SKS and others.

So yes after Jan 1, there will be thousands of new criminals in CA, gun owners that will not obey the new laws.

Post Posted: Thu 29 Dec 2016 12:20 
in memoriam

... fixin' to post a little something.... let me put the pics together...

Just opted for a nice "new" addition to the deer gun section.... a little different application... but it performed very well.... got a little 8 pointer with it yesterday... pictures to follow... 8)

Post Posted: Thu 09 Mar 2017 12:39 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1973
Experience: 3 - 5 years
No pics?
Was it the one that got away......lol.

Dave
Private Investigator
Licensed by the NYS DOS Division of Licensing

Post Posted: Sat 08 Apr 2017 18:37 
in memoriam

Sorry... let me try to upload them... the deer and the new gun that got it...

I decided to get a Ruger Ranch... 7.62X39... pretty much the same ballistics as the old 30.30... but with a ballistic spire point it should perform a bit better... I put a little Redfield 1X5 wideview on it...

Same round as the Russian AK47... 30 caliber but shorter case...

... give me a minute, I'll try to add the pics to this post...

The gun... Ruger Ranch 7.62X39; I will say I don't hunt with a 20 round mag... but that just happened to be in it when I took the picture....

The round... 7.62X39 Russian

The site where I got him...

Well, that's the little buck...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion