Wearing a badge • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 01 Jan 2006 09:24 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Experience: More than 10 years
Dustin,
Just wondering who you have worked for on and off for 10 years in the Bail Profession in Louisiana as i was a Managing General Agent for the largest company in Louisiana, i took care of our agents from Alexandria,Monroe & Shreveport and i might know you.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject: POST
 Post Posted: Sun 01 Jan 2006 10:00 
in memoriam

DUSTIN ONE OF THE BEST POSTS I HAVE SEEN--JUSTICE MY POST WAS MEANT AS A CAUTION TO ALL NEW PEOPLE READING THIS AND ALL PEOPLE WATCHING THE CLOWN AND CIRCUS TROOP - I SAY WATCH IT BE ENTERTAINED--I RECORD IT AND SHOW IT AS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW NOT TO DO IT-IN ONE SHOW I THOUGHT HE DID GREAT--IN COLORADO HE TRAILED A GUY THAT THE DOGS COULD NOT FIND AND AND IF THE SHOW WAS ACCURATE HE FOUND THE MAN HIDING IN THE WOODS--GREAT JOB OF DEDUCTIVE TRACKING

as Dustin said way better than i can asking questions is a great and positive learning tool -here's the problem dustin knows his area of operation-I know ny nh mass me and vt-LAW know's his and possibly one of the most knowledgeable on international bea there is-houndog knows his-mindtracker knows his and the list continues--we voice our opinions and many many people read this not only you-the potential for both legal or pyhsical harm or damage is gigantic--

again if i seem sarcastic it is my style--here it comes again--so if i offend you either say he is an as-hole and move on or grow a thicker skin-I have never been PC and never will be again this is my style.if you ever do this you will find you need a skin made of armour plateing nothing else will do

Post subject: dustin
 Post Posted: Sun 01 Jan 2006 10:02 
in memoriam

For the record dustin practices our craft in one of the most dangerous ao in the country--the gators are well feed around there

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 01 Jan 2006 10:21 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

David,
PM inbound...

La. Lic. #309685
Louisiana Fugitive Task Force
318-393-5385
"What the hell was that?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 01 Jan 2006 15:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
HGUNNER,
you are so right about Shreveport, LA it is a main gateway from the drug trade out of the Dallas, Fort Worth TX. Dustin could very well have his hands full .

Dustin- I have never been able to send our receive PM's from this forum i have been a member here since 2003 and my PM has never worked. You can shoot me an email if you like its in my signature line.

Be Safe Out There,

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 02 Jan 2006 08:14 

"Before I started doing this full-time, I ran my own business as well.
I had 64 employees in 6 states.
My annual sales topped 6.5m with 38% margins, and my salary was 266k per year. "

You mean to tell me that you dumped all that and left it behind? Somehow I find that hard to believe. I also have a good soild 6 figure sales/ net, I am not about to give that up.As far as running the business, I couldn't run it any better. My salary is a good soild high 5 figure, and my employees are taken care of,no complaints on either ends.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 02 Jan 2006 08:16 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Shreveport is not all that bad.
I mean, Ok so it is the only city in the United States that in USPS history mail delivery has been halted in certain areas due to violence, and maybe just maybe we have made national news a few times due to gang violence, oh yeah and there was that whole 11th most violent city in The United States thing. But come one guys give us a break....LOL

La. Lic. #309685
318-393-5385

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 02 Jan 2006 08:40 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

I have yet to do anything on this board other than suggest to you things that will make you a more professional sounding and acting person when you are here. And now you want to attack my integrity?

As far as "Giving it up" I didn't.
A major client "Verizon Wireless" refused to pay a little under 1m worth of invoices and forced my company Valta Communications, Inc. into bankruptcy.
Some things we have no control over when working with Corporate America.
At the same time my wife finished medical school so I decided to go full time into something that I enjoy. So I went full-time here and do a little PSD and PMC work.
So there you have it man.
You have my name and my companies name.
Go do your homework junior.
I do not appreciate you suggestion that I am lying here.
After you have done your homework then come back and apologize.
If you wanna get into this business you should be able to track down information like that.

La. Lic. #309685
318-393-5385

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 02 Jan 2006 11:26 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
"How to make friends and influence enemies"...suggested reading for our inquisitive friend.

My answer to his question: "Badges?" Here in Alabama, generally speaking, we can open carry both badges and weapons, although it is not wise to do so. Especially in our major cities.

Badge authority ? Again, in our state, the only time a BEA type badge is in effect is during the ACTUAL pursuit or investigation of the fugitive. For example, I will display both weapon and badge when approaching a house or apartment where I think the fugitive may be. This is clearly for ID purposes, and also to avoid getting shot. I've had fugitives who were drug dealers tell me that if it wasn't for the badge they would have shot at me thinking I was a "hit man" from a rival gang or dealer.

I do not openly display or carry 24/7 because of the attention it causes and the danger it puts me in.

Example: you are open carrying/displaying both. You stop in at your local 7-11 to grab some snacks, sodas, cigarettes whatever...you walk right in on top of an armed robberry...guess what the robbers are going to do ?..start shooting or take you hostage thinking you are a cop.

As with anything else, different situations call for different tactics. There is a time for open carry, and a time for concealment.

True story: When I was a rookie I bought into all of this crap of a BEA uniform, t-shirts emblazoned with BEA this n that, all of the tactical web gear, etc. You could see me coming from a mile away. I was chasing a construction worker. I went to the subdivision he was working in, found the house that he was supposed to be building, but it set a little ways off the road. I had to park on the street and walk, without cover of any kind, for a hundred yards to get to the house. Before I got halfway to the house, someone on the roof yelled a warning, and 3/4's of the workers bailed from all over that house and hit the woods running. By the time I reached the foreman, he was angry. He didn't know my fugitive, but he also said I had just cost him a whole day's worth of work because none of his people would return until the next morning.

Needless to say, I learned right then and there about being too visible.

Remember: Tactics and gear are terrain and scenario specific.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 02 Jan 2006 15:37 

I wasn't trying to attack your character, the way you worded it was you use to make whatever, now you do this. Myself, I dont plan on selling or giving up my business to rely on doing this, I would have far too much to loose. And with my increasing volume of customers that I get year after year, I hope to one day be making over a million a year, but that is a long stretch for now.

Ditto on that Junior comment there Dustin. Looks like someone is a big fan of Chris Jericho?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion