Wearing a badge • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: hey
 Post Posted: Sat 31 Dec 2005 17:47 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

"WHY WHY would you want to wear badge to have it on and bring that kind att to your self come on down to chattanooga Tn or down around Atl with one on and see how fast you go to JAIL.................." it's funny no one made the comment of them WANTING to. It was a question of being aloud to or not. and im sure you would go to jail fast in YOUR state cause thats there law. people are coming on this site with questions to get answers, not to be criticized or made a fool of. and if that is the case of them wearing there badges for that reason then they are morons and deserve to be arrested. I was under the assumption that you BECPA were only a BEA and not a constable. I appoligize.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 31 Dec 2005 18:04 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
Experience: More than 10 years
Agent8

In my opinion US Recovery Bureau is bad news, there are tons of posts on this forum about them, earlier this year there was a news article about some of their people that were arrested in NYC for impersonationg Law Enforcement and trying to rob drug dealers, In my opinion they are a "seminar company" and a bad one at that, I believe they will fill your head with as many lies as it takes to get as much of your money as they can.

In the end you will be misinformed, unemployed and have only a shiny USRB Badge to show for all your wasted time and money.

Adam

This particular post about "wearing badges" struck a nerve with Pro-BEA's here because inexperienced wannabe's running around with BEA / FRA badges and gear just to get thrills are destroying the credability of all BEA's, my response to the original question was not meant to be harsh, however I could not ignore the fact that the question indicates this person is considering running around wearing a FRA badge and gear for no other reason but to "show off".

Last edited by ChuckJ on Sat 31 Dec 2005 18:15, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: hey
 Post Posted: Sat 31 Dec 2005 18:44 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

I fully understand. I personally wear my badge under my clothed though cause of the purpose that you can see someone your looking for. But i also have warrants im working on and dont just wear it to wear it.

Post subject: ANSWER AGAIN
 Post Posted: Sat 31 Dec 2005 19:31 
in memoriam

as an retired police detective and current bea i have worked with many kinds of people and bea's-the pro bea does not mind giving good advice or spending a little time to help a fellow bea--the pro bea can also spot a poorly trained, know it all, a mile away and these days there are many of them in this field--i admit is scares the sh-t out of me when some one who claims to be a working bea asks when to carry a weapon and when not to---it also scares me when a non bea asks these questions because there are so many different correct answers from many points of view all can be right or wrong depending on senerio or area of operation or training as you can see there are so many variables and a wrong answer could cause irreputable harm to people--i always advise the person that wants to learn about bea seek out a local bea(use the local bondsmen to find a real bea) ask him about his or her job talk to them get a feel of what we do-how we do it-why we do it--maybe ask about a ride along--most pro bea's are proud of their chosen proffession and would give straight answers and some time--I WILL SAY IT AGAIN THIS CALLING IS NOT FOR THE AMATURE OR THE THRILL SEEKER IT IS DEADLY SERIOUS AND CAN GET YOU OR OTHER PEOPLE KILLED MAINED OR WORSE--THE REAL BEA IS NOT DOG CHAPMAN-THE REAL BEA ACTS MUCH LIKE A LEO IN THERE ATTITUDE AND BEHAVIOR---I EQUATE A PRO BEA TO A DANGEROUS BIG GAME HUNTER--IF YOU SCREW UP THE LION EATS YOU
I am familiar with some of where chuck works pittsburg-erie-buffalo are no place for a amature you can wind up dead or worse in a ny second-boston worchester springfield also are kill zones every area has them and chances are you will be working them--winding up paralized because someone hit you in the back with a baseball bat when you did not see them is not fun and it does happen a lot--going to jail for just doing your job is also not a vacation but a good possiblity--i fear many of you new people just do not understand or take to heart the risks inherent in this job
the worst thing for this proffession is the tv coverage it has caused a stir i fear we might never live down--a clown and his circus troop is getting very rich from his fairy tales and the average person thinks he is a hero instead of the zero he really is.my group just arrested a 18 year old punk that beat a man with a baseball bat so badly he is now a guadropelgic( i know i must have murdered that word) and confined to a wheel chair for life-had we screwed up it could have been us.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 31 Dec 2005 20:54 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

First of all it is not as easy as just wearing a badge or a shirt to be impersonating a police officer. If that were the case you could not go into any local store and buy a shirt that clearly says POLICE on itor a shirt or hat that clearly says FBI or AGENT. I mean everywhere you look you see guys and girls wearing these shirts. If the case of impersonation were that easy these people would be arrested all the time and these products would not legally be made readily available to people without proper credentials to purchase them. I wear my weapon on my hip, I wear my badge on my belt and I am for the most part wearing a Polo style shirt with jeans and boots. I have lunch with local LEO and I visit police departments, courthouses, and jails nearly everyday. The only thing I do different is take my weapon out of the holster and place it under my seat, as it is illegal for a civilian to carry a weapon on any of these premises. I have yet be arrested for impersonation, in fact I have actually had LEO tell me they wish they could wear a holster like mine, so I know they see what I am wearing.
Now, to be more clear about things in Louisiana concerning badges and insignia:
If you are entering a residence looking to apprehend a fugitive you are required to wear clothing that states you are BEA, FRA, BA, BH, whatever you want to consider yourself. When I am in a situation where I know I may be entering residential dwellings, I wear a T-Shirt with insignia stating that I am FRA. When I am entering a situation with a potential for violence I "tac-out" in BDU's, Bates boots, BP vest, gloves, the whole gear. I have been doing this s*&% on and off for ten years now and full-time for three. The only other thing I do is private military and PSD work on contract.

When I get on this site and read guys posting questions about when they can wear badges or when they can wear shirts, or when they can use weapons, it drives me crazy. I mean the laws for your state should be made readily available to you and you should know those laws before you are able to get licensed. This is exactly why I would love to see heavier regulation of this industry.

At the same time I see other "PRO" BEA just jumping all ove these guys and trying to show how much they know about this industry and ripping on these guys that are trying to get information.
I think that you administrators should require an application that shows proof of licensing and professional status to use certain sections of the site so that maybe some of this is eleviated.

Just my two cents worth......

La. Lic. #309685
Louisiana Fugitive Task Force
318-393-5385
"What the hell was that?"

Post subject: problem
 Post Posted: Sat 31 Dec 2005 21:58 
in memoriam

your answer shows the difference in areas of operation-in nyc just showing a badge similar to the shape of a police badge is impersonation of a police officer-- in other juridictions such as colorado having the state seal on a badge is a felony--here in nh my people use a nypd style detectives(no pd in nh uses that badge) in silver or gold with an eagle center and the words fugitive recovery agent and bail enforcement and our id numbers on the lower panel--some of my team leaves on their belt when wearing a sidearm-in nh we are licensed just like in your state---if i get a little harsh it is because i have spent all my adult life behind some badge from age 18 to almost age 51 as either patrol , detective or bea-I have made over 2000 verifiable arrest as both cop and bea -many questions asked here and answered here are correct in one jurisdiction but contray to law in another and could cause major harm to the person seeking an answer--many questions asked by new people should have been answered by their trainer or their mentor or they should do their attorney in the area of operation--one day a question will be asked and a pro will give an answer that is correct in his ao and some newbe will do it in their area and wind up getting arrested by some gung ho cop -this site is a great learning tool but some back round is needed in law enforcement with a basic understanding exchanged info can be extremely harmful--i am a firm believer no 2,3,4,5,6,day or 3 month or 6 month school is enough to teach you everything needed to do this job correctly-that is why i use the term mentor alot--we as bea have resonsibility to the public a peice of that is to keep unqualified people off the street--many of the questions i read here show a trememdous lack of training and plain old street sense beside a lack of tactical knowledge-you can not get that here you must aquire that on the job with a good mentor-another piece of that responsibility is training our replacements-again i say that csn not be done here-that must be done with you and your team in your ao and by me and my team in my ao and lance and his in his ao and rex and his and hounddog and so on and so on

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 01 Jan 2006 07:59 

If anyone would care to do any research about me, you would find that I am new to all this and am here for information. I asked the badge question, because I saw on a episode of Dog, he wore his badge and I beleive his belt into a dmv to renew his dl.And from else what I see him doing, he wears his badge all over the place even though he is not working. I joined this site for informative reasons, the sarcasm I see from some peple shows how mature some of you actaully are. Just because you are knowledgeable about the profession, doesnt mean you need to be sarcastic to those who arent. How would you feel if you came to a forum where I knew all aspects of the business? And I slammed you for it? Because I can you know, I happened to know all the in's and out's about running a sucessfull snow plowing business and landscaping business and make a high five figure income in less time a suit makes it. But when curious or potential people who want in on the business come to the message board I frequent, I dont ever use sarcasim on them, I tell them all about insurance, umbrella policies, pricing, ect they need to know.

Some of you need to tune off the sarcasim, it really makes the enviroment uncomfortable here. I can understand if there was a nasty troll here, then sarcasism is exceptable, but someone asking a simple logical question getting all this negative sarcasim dished to them? grow up!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 01 Jan 2006 08:41 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Justice,
If you sincerely wanna learn stop watching the shows on TV.
Get with someone in your area and get them to help you out.
I have no problem with people wanting to learn, I encourage it just like the other guys here do, but a lot of this stuff is preliminary information that people should know.
I suggest you also look up the laws for your state on the state website. That will get you a lot of information to get started with.

Also, just to set the record straight.
Before I started doing this full-time, I ran my own business as well.
I had 64 employees in 6 states.
My annual sales topped 6.5m with 38% margins, and my salary was 266k per year.
I designed, built and managed communications networks for the largest wireless telephone companies in the world.
I was in executive management for over 15 years, and I have overseen 7 mergers and almost took two companies public.
So, as for runninga business goes, I could probably teach you thing or two there as well.

One more thing:
DOG is not a favorite topic here.
His show is scripted...nothing on that show is real.
He does not by any means portray what we consider ourselves to be in this industry, and following him and trying to learn anything in this business will get you arrested just as it has Chapman.

Now get out there and find an experienced guy to work with.
Get your feet wet.
Ask us questions, just not ones pertaining to particular laws for your AO.
And remember this work is 90% boring stuff.

La. Lic. #309685
Louisiana Fugitive Task Force
318-393-5385
"What the hell was that?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion