CA Bail Agents Arrested • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: CA Bail Agents Arrested
 Post Posted: Thu 15 Sep 2011 17:41 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
You are subscribed to Press Releases for the California Department of Insurance. You are receiving this email because new information has recently been released.

You can access the department's Communications Office Web page by clicking here.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 15, 2011
(#124)

NEWS RELEASE

INSURANCE COMMISSIONER JONES ANNOUNCES ARRESTS OF BAIL BOND AGENTS FOR KIDNAPPING, EXTORTION AND INSURANCE FRAUD

Estimated $500,000 in Bond Forfeitures recovered by Stanislaus County since 2009

Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones announced today that bail agent Aleo J. (A.J.) Pontillo, 40, of Modesto, owner of AJ’s Bail Bonds, and bail agent and office manager Janelle M. Llorens, 27, of Modesto, were arrested yesterday for kidnapping clients for the purpose of extortion and insurance fraud.

Bail for Pontillo and Llorens is set at $2,000,000 and $1,000,000, respectively. In addition, a hold has been placed on the defendants which requires each one to demonstrate to a judge that no portion of the bail consideration, pledge, security, deposit, or indemnification paid, given, made or promised was feloniously obtained.

“The arrests of these unscrupulous licensed bail agents should send a very clear message,” said Commissioner Dave Jones. “The severity of their alleged crimes will simply not be tolerated.”

According to investigators, from 2006 through 2010, the investigation revealed that Pontillo, Llorens and Davis were in conspiracy to defraud the County of Stanislaus of monies rightfully owed, or soon to be owed, under the bail forfeiture process and committed perjury to further the scheme. Investigators also determined that they committed insurance fraud by submitting bonds to the County of Stanislaus to falsely represent a fugitive of the court had been apprehended; and that Pontillo and Llorens conspired to kidnap no less than six of AJ Bail Bond client’s, all of whom were former arrestees bonded out of jail by the business, for the sole purpose of extorting a bail bond premium debt.

These AJ Bail Bond clients were apprehended and transported to AJ’s Bail Bonds, held and threatened with return to jail if they could not generate or obtain a premium payment from family or friends. If money was obtained, some of the arrestees were released from the office – others who could not produce a premium payment, were surrendered back to jail without cause. An estimated $500,000 has been recovered in bond forfeitures by Stanislaus County since 2009.

“This criminal conspiracy abused those who had already paid a premium bond for their release from jail,” said Commissioner Jones. “To have them snatched from the street and extorted for additional funds or face the threat of return to jail is abhorrent.”

Pontillo and Llorens are charged with Penal Code Sections 182 and 209, Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping for the Purpose of Extortion, and Penal Code Section 550 (b) (1), Insurance Fraud. Also taken into custody yesterday was bail agent Mark D. Davis, 49, of Modesto, whose bail is set at $500,000. Davis has been charged along with Pontillo and Llorens. with Penal Code Sections 182 and 487, Conspiracy to Commit Grand Theft, and for violating California Insurance Code Section 1814/Pursuant to CA Code of Regulations Section 2091, Willfully Making an Untrue Representation to a Court to Avoid Bail Bond Forfeiture. Llorens and Davis have also been charged with violating Penal Code Section 118, Perjury.

The investigation leading to today’s arrests was a joint cooperative effort between CDI’s Investigations Division - COPS Unit, the Federal Bureau of Investigation – Modesto Office, and, the Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department. The Stanislaus County District Attorney’s Office is prosecuting the case.
# # #

Post subject: Re: CA Bail Agents Arrested
 Post Posted: Thu 15 Sep 2011 19:00 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1988
"Bad Boys, Bad Boys, what you going to do when they come for you". Another black eye for the business.... :oops:

Tel: 1-800-387-0787

Anti-Moral Majority Club President
"Fear not the unknown, Fear the person who controls the unknown" Gene 7:14

Post Posted: Thu 15 Sep 2011 20:05 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
Definitely another black eye for the industry, but what these guys did is down right wrong! Honestly they deserve to be made an example of, there really is no excuse for these type of actions

Post Posted: Thu 15 Sep 2011 20:43 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Deleted by author

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 15 Sep 2011 20:59 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

I must say Mr. Marx, I thank you for the advice you have put in this thread, and also give my word as a newbie to this forum and this industry that I will embark on this industry the correct, responsible, safe and legit way. It's because of this forum and the people that are involved that I will be able to start my journey.

Post Posted: Thu 15 Sep 2011 21:54 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

It's truely amazing what people will do for money. They should punish them to the maximum extent they can. And Mr. Marx thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. Me personally I believe that in life there is only one thing that matters, that is honor. Your word you live by, breath by a way of life. Thank you. Eric

Looking for a mentor to give me a foot in the door to this business. Prior Military-US Army- expert marksmam. BHTA training acadamy. ATFE licensed Pyrotechnician; and one hell of a guy. Give me a chance and I'll give you 150% of myself. Will travel in tri state area for this opportunity.

PM for Contact info

Post Posted: Fri 16 Sep 2011 05:47 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Eric B wrote:
It's truely amazing what people will do for money. They should punish them to the maximum extent they can. And Mr. Marx thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. Me personally I believe that in life there is only one thing that matters, that is honor. Your word you live by, breath by a way of life. Thank you. Eric

Eric, thanks for your comments, you may want to change the font color because your print is not easily visible... in fact, I can't even see it unless I highlight it?! :shock:

BTW.............. I just changed it for you.............. :wink:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 16 Sep 2011 06:43 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

speezack wrote:
Eric B wrote:

Eric, thanks for your comments, you may want to change the font color because your print is not easily visible... in fact, I can't even see it unless I highlight it?! :shock:

BTW.............. I just changed it for you.............. :wink:

Thats funny I thought I was the only one that couldn't read it.

Post Posted: Fri 16 Sep 2011 07:23 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
If the FL Dept of Financial Services came to Miami-Dade County Jail .. they would need a Full Size School bus to arrest Bail Bondsman there.. you see anywhere from 5 to 15 Bail Bondsman EVERYDAY - HUSTLING outside the Jail Soliciting and/or bailing people out and kidnapping them to get their 10% as they get released after a bond comp. posts the defendant's bond... or the bail company calls the defendant's family after a brief IRB search and tell them that Johnny Badazz is in Jail and Pay us ($ X amt ) our 10% and we can have Johnny Badazz home before dinner.. and then sends an agent to the home address to collect $.. after collecting $ they text info to another agent standing by at Jail to post the bail bond...

These unsavory practices happen 24 hours a day 7 days a week here in Miami.. and sadly the State does not have the resources to investigate it .. so it goes on like it is ok.. :(

Just last week I had a friend call me for a small bond for a friend of his that was arrested for Disrderly Intox. = $1000 Bond

I was going to the jail to post it but was too late as the defendant already made it in the group going to court..

I called my buddy back to tell him the guy was going to see the Judge at 2pm.. at the same time he tells me some Bail Bondsman called him 1/2 hour earlier informing him about his buddy in jail and $150 (Illegal and Over Priced) would get him out (Legally it should only be $100 Premium) ..but my buddy told that bondsman thanks for the info but I already have a bondsman.. (me) ..now how this bondsman found out is beyond me cause nobody knew he was arrested as he has NO ONE in the WORLD except my buddy who didnt even know he was in jail ... so this leaves an inside informant from Corrections giving arrest info to particular bondsman.. corruption & illegal operations of conducting business honestly within Miami Dade Jail and Bail Bondsman is sickening .. :oops:

The guy's Disorderly Intox charge was dismissed when he went in front of the judge that day. Case Closed.

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Tue 18 Dec 2012 15:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Update on last years Modesto bail agents arrests.

http://www.modbee.com/2012/12/17/250009 ... legal.html

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion