CA Bail Agents Arrested • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: CA Bail Agents Arrested
 Post Posted: Tue 18 Dec 2012 18:48 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1208
Experience: More than 10 years
Jeff Wrote:
Quote:
These unsavory practices happen 24 hours a day 7 days a week here in Miami.. and sadly the State does not have the resources to investigate it .. so it goes on like it is ok..

It's the same here in NJ. Many moons ago I worked a case for a very lowlife bondsman to grab a female in PA who he claimed he had good info on her where abouts. We trucked out to Harrisburg (without any expense money) (I'll never learn)
and found nothing was known from this lowlife. worked it 3 days, made posters & distributed them to ALL law enforcement agencies and returned home. Two days later I get a call from a Sarge I befriended and sure enough, they got her. The Bondsman would'nt take my calls and hid like the coward that he was. In the meantime I visited the indemnitor in Ny to fill him in. A REALLY nice harmless older gent with (cancer) and a heart of gold who was duped into posting this bail. After her arrest he calls me for help telling me that this Bondsman wants ANOTHER $1000.00 for her pick up, (never gave me a penny) & threatened him with a lawsuit if he didn't pay.
I tell this ol timer NO, but being scared he came & paid this scumbag anyway. Called NJ Div of Banking & Ins and of course their hands were tied. I pulled strings with the Chief of DET's @ the Prosecuters office and we stung this Bondsman `like Jackie Gleeson did in the movie, lol. He was indicted, lost his Lawyers Lic for 2 yrs, lost the Bonding Bus in 1 day, Phones dissconnected thru Dept of B&I THROUGH the Prosecuters Office in 5 hours. He bribed me not to say anything & lie for him, lol, (ALL recorded by me) , got the Indem back ALL his money & MY Pay & expense $ back also. One of the most rewarding days of my life. ..... :mrgreen:

Ph. (201) 538 - 2947
Fax (201) 342 - 5405

Post Posted: Thu 20 Dec 2012 10:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
More from the court case in Modesto.

http://www.modbee.com/2012/12/19/250295 ... arges.html

Post Posted: Thu 27 Dec 2012 04:48 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Investigators allege that from 2006 through 2010 Pontillo, Llorens and bail agent Mark D. Davis, 49, of Modesto, who was also taken into custody, were “in conspiracy to defraud the County of Stanislaus of monies rightfully owed, or soon to be owed, under the bail forfeiture process and committed perjury to further the scheme.”

According to investigators the three committed insurance fraud by submitting bonds to falsely represent a fugitive of the court had been apprehended.

The investigation also showed that Pontillo and Llorens conspired to kidnap at least six of AJ Bail Bond clients, all of whom were former arrestees bonded out of jail by the business, for the purpose of extorting a bail bond premium debt, investigators said.

Post Posted: Tue 12 Aug 2014 17:13 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

The criminal trial begins.

http://www.modbee.com/2014/08/11/348262 ... =/99/1623/

Post Posted: Wed 20 Aug 2014 12:00 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

http://www.modbee.com/2014/08/18/349311 ... .html?rh=1

Clerk testifies.

Post Posted: Mon 01 Sep 2014 17:19 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

http://insurancenewsnet.com/oarticle/20 ... AULw8t0xIc

More court testimony.

Post Posted: Thu 11 Dec 2014 18:05 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

The verdict is in.

http://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/ ... 14370.html

Post Posted: Fri 12 Dec 2014 00:08 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4640
Experience: < 3 years
That crap wouldn't even begin to fly in North Carolina. Especially in Wake County, do not even let them see you have a shirt, cap with Bondsman anything on it. they will lock your butt up. Once you post in Wake County you actually have to leave the property. They have become a bit Jack booted and have attempted to come across the road to the State Employee's Credit Union to tell bondsman to leave..This however is when you tell them to turn around and leave before they get brought up on charges. Unfortunately, this strife has be caused by a few morons that thought they were smarter then everyone else. The Sheriff actually removed the bail bondsmans list from the detention center.

It's difficult to fight or argue for more rights and respect when there are morons keep doing stuff like this...Bail Bonding should not be an adversarial job with the courts or the police..in fact they should and need to work together. I feel that police at least here in NC are jealous of Bondsmen/women because we for the most part have more authority then they do and it ticks them off. Another thing I believe is that it is easier to become a police officer then a bondsman. Now, I am not referring to the Academy it's just the background checks and requirements. 8)

Bail Bondsman
NPN: 17113240
Holmes Bail Bonding
Johnston County, NC
(919) 376.6661

Post Posted: Tue 16 Dec 2014 12:15 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
You guys do know that this man was recently found to be innocent of at least most if not all the charges?

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Tue 16 Dec 2014 14:41 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

The problem with cases like this CA is, the Department of Insurance has no teeth to address Penal Code violations. So many district attorneys refuse to prosecute bail cases.

Another issue is many bail clients refuse to come forward. They are happy to be out of custody and very many are illegals. So, they don't want to make waves to begin with.

In this case, they did in fact force people to contact friends or family to come up with their missed bail payments. Some were actually handcuffed in the office. Those are facts I got from inside sources.

All the agents lost their bail licenses. There were other insurance code violations that also lead to their licenses being revoked.

One final thing, I have sat on 3 different jury trials here in California. Some of the dumbest people get selected to hear cases. I do not know the make up of this particular jury but from my own experience, if they were anything like the panels I was on, I can easily see why he was acquitted.

http://www20.insurance.ca.gov/ePubAcc/G ... 167310.pdf

The above link, if it works is the DOI action against Pontillo.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion