LE does work with you, if you act right!!! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: LE does work with you, if you act right!!!
 Post Posted: Thu 09 Dec 2010 07:44 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Did a pickup yesterday... young lady, crackin' and the indemnitor wanted off the bond... no stable replacement and she had been late for court bringing another charge... 'contempt' ... down on her so I decided to revoke. I am very reluctant to pull bonds but sometimes they need to be pulled....

anyway...

I called local sheriff department and told them what I was about to do... it was in a local trailer park that had a bad rep... anyway, the local boys showed up... checked my capias for legality... told me to go ahead... stood behind me at the door... she came out... saw me and the "boys"... her boyfriend was not happy but did not present a problem... we left, I took her to the local jail... magistrate and jailer served her... bye, bye...

My take on this entire business... although some AO may differ... is that if you present yourself in a professional manner, talk calmly and intelligently and do not........ I repeat....... do not tell LE how to do their job... ask respectfully, their input and in 99% of the cases I have worked......... regardless of the state... you will be received well and you will very likely get the job done...

I must say that my opinion on dress is to not look like Rambo or SWAT... I dress very low key... although I may be carrying.. it is concealed and I want to appear very , very easy and not at all confrontational... that is of course my opinion only...

Get all your ducks in a row... paperwork and contact info on the perp... and as mentioned, act accordingly... and "get R done"...

(I did not have on my tactical sandals... it was 28 degrees... I had on 'New Balance; tennis shoes... :shock: and white socks... as any upstanding red neck should wear...)... but yes, I did have my little SP101 in my belt, under my coat... but I'm glad I did not have to pull it... it would have taken me 10 minutes to get through my coat, shirt, long underwear, depends, tactical belt, t shirt, zip wallet, girdle, cell phone holder, computer carry pack... and the baloney sandwich with cheese and mustard that my wife always packs me... I carry that over the gun too, if I have to shoot someone, I do not want to do it on an empty stomach............................... :oops: :oops:

You didn't think I was gonna post something without a bit of..................... humor?

There is a message here,,,,, however.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post subject: Re: LE does work with you, if you act right!!!
 Post Posted: Thu 09 Dec 2010 10:48 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Yes,

I got the message!

Do not go out on a recovery on a empty stomach. Or at least bring along a samich.

Post Posted: Thu 09 Dec 2010 18:15 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 757
tsuggs wrote:
Yes,

I got the message!

Do not go out on a recovery on a empty stomach. Or at least bring along a samich.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: Priceless......

NSIN# SF0105
LIC. #704058

Post Posted: Fri 10 Dec 2010 21:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Yes . . . always bring a samitch. It may be just what is needed to hep convince that LE who just may be thinking about his tummy ;-)

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sat 11 Dec 2010 08:16 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Oh,

I take donuts for the LEOs. They can't resist them!

Post Posted: Sun 19 Dec 2010 08:10 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Tony, I used to stop by the Krispy Kreme sometimes and get a dozen or so... but the only problem with that............ they often, never made it to the jail.... :shock:

My daughter makes brownies and other cookies a couple of times a year for the jailers in several of our jurisdictions... but as long as it is under $50 it is not considered payolllllaaaa.... and besides, she lets me have some too so it reduces the overall factor....

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sun 19 Dec 2010 09:26 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Did someone say "DONUTS" :shock: ? ..... nevermind.. I must of been hearing things from the old days.. :mrgreen:

but in all seriousness..

I have been at many a houses looking for a bail skip where the Local PD was called by either the family involved or nosey neighbors.. and every time the PD showed at the scene they treated my team and I with respect and stayed out of the situation at hand (since the PD is not allowed to get involved anyways). The only thing the PD sometimes told the family was that we were allowed to do what we were doing and it would be best to just go along with the program..

Past Situation:
At this house in Florida City, FL and the mother inside the house called 911 saying there was someone with guns breaking into her house.. at that time we also called 911 to let them know it was us, so no officer got into a car wreck responding to this lady's bullcrap call to 911... so the cops arrive at the scene and one officer said "Why the hell did you call the Police ? ... just knock the dam door down already and get the guy !!" ...so we did just that and there was our guy in his underwear and soon after in handcuffs in his underwear and then shortly after that in jail in his underwear.. we would always let our guys get dressed but this guy wanted to run and play hide & seek so all bets are off.. no more Mr. Nice Guy after all this Drama from his Mama..

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Sun 19 Dec 2010 13:29 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 7 - 10 years
We always call LE before we go after our skips. It is Ca law and also makes for a good relationship with the local officers. I will ask dispatch to have the district sargent call me so while im in the "kings castle" he knows who what and where we are. i also helps when the skip or family calls 911 they get told "you should just open the door and go with them" :D Happy Days

360 237 1721 efax
408 402 2710 work cell
DOI Bail Agent Lic 1844214
BSIS G1533544

Go hug a Tree

Post Posted: Mon 20 Dec 2010 16:37 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2746
I just did recovery in Northern California. I contacted LE from my base in TN a few days before we got there to tell them of the situation.
LE there were helpful on the phone when i called from TN, and just as helpful in person when we got there. They let us do our job, and they did theres.
If it always worked that smoothly, the world would be a better place.

Tel: 865-389-3261

Post Posted: Mon 20 Dec 2010 18:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Dean,

You need to do some more networking, it is faster and cheaper in the long run. It is great to earn friends and fellow professionals that you can trust to produce quality work at a fair price.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion