Questions & opinions on use of body video recorder • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Questions & opinions on use of body video recorder
 Post Posted: Wed 24 Mar 2010 13:05 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
So after getting soem great advice from members here, I am starting to make some investments. One thing I thought of was how can I prove I was professional if the person I am taking back claims otherwise. I was thinking of this:

http://www.spytechs.com/spy_cameras/mini-spy-camera.htm

It's affordable, it's very small, it can clip on my belt or shirt pocket, can be uploaded (or put into my laptop for backup) and if anyone asks or questions my professionalism, I can say watch the video and either email, or give them the SD card because I would save it on my laptop and then let them decide for themself. Looking for opinions on the idea.

Sorry to bother - just looking at this from a liability and legal standpoint for protection in case the other person decides to lie. Not that any fugitive would ever do such a thing.... :roll:

VA DCJS #99-99238446

Post subject: Re: Questions & opinions on use of body video recorder
 Post Posted: Wed 24 Mar 2010 13:09 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Experience: None
I agree that having video footage is a great way to protect yourself. Let me know how it turns out for you.

Resident Insurance Producer: Bail Bonds
License #: 40199019

**I am licensed to work in the field of Bail Bond recovery. However, I do not work in the field nor have I ever. I added my license in my signature only to show others the achievement I have made in getting one step closer to establishing a business. **

Post Posted: Wed 24 Mar 2010 16:25 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
video is a two edged sword. What happens if one of your team, let's say for the sake of example, is a former LEO, and while at the door of the defendant, out of habit, announces POLICE and it is on tape...Nixon got hammered over 18 minutes of missing tape, right?

The other thing to consider is that this is a business. Any amount of money that you spend must return to you in value. I caution you to be income producing before you are back on here selling the tools of your trade because you didn't make it. Check out the items for sale on this site and see just how long those people were in the business. This is a very tough way to make a living. The common denominator is that every successful BEA on here and other user groups is consistent with the mantra "Keep your day job" It is very easy to have the latest, greatest coolest tool out here and then you end up with a Batman utility belt so heavy you couldn't broad jump a Dixie cup or run the length of your vehicle.

Just my humble opinion...

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Wed 24 Mar 2010 20:19 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
I did that very thing when i left the Sheriffs Reserve as a Commissioned reservist a few years back after taking a break from this business. It just came out natural. I very quickly apologized to the lady and and stated she did not have to say a word. Lucky she understood, i just knew i had put my butt in a sling. Sometimes the training you take and the equipment you use could be the double edged sword as "Master Bondsman" Scott said.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post Posted: Wed 24 Mar 2010 23:55 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Scott,
I like that"Batman utility belt"comment i will have to use that!!Lmao,Although i would love to have a car cam in my vehicle but with times the way they are you have to wiegh out your incoming income to your outgoing bills.I do however carry my digital recorder in my pocket which cost me about 40 dollars and serves its purpose well.

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post Posted: Thu 25 Mar 2010 05:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
I would focus more on how you treat your defendant. You have to remember everyone that you ever locked up and they only have to remember you. Be firm, but fair, this is a business, it is not personal. Do not do your end zone dance in front of your defendant, no matter how elated you are at your success. Remember that the great Dallas Cowboys Coach Tom Landry would not allow any showboating as he called it, "Don't act like this is your first Rodeo!" There are special times where a third party is required. When ever I have to apprehend a female, my daughter is with me and there have been times when her presence deterred female con artists antics. Focus on the simple tools that will help to make you both successful and profitable and forget the James Bond stuff until you have too much money to spend, then open up a Bail Bonds business.

Incidentally, as has been recently demonstrated by many of the experienced members on here...The best tool that you have is a solid reputation of integrity. This reputation will allow you to network across this entire country and reach out and touch someone so fast that they think you have a magic carpet!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Thu 25 Mar 2010 13:00 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2716
Experience: < 3 years
"The best tool that you have is a solid reputation of integrity. This reputation will allow you to network across this entire country and reach out and touch someone so fast that they think you have a magic carpet!"

Well put, Scott! Words to live by in any trade!

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

Post Posted: Thu 25 Mar 2010 13:33 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Experience: 7 - 10 years
That's somthing I would need to look into as well. I don't do that much Bail recovery as i would like, couple a month...maybe lol, But Having a "body cam" would be great, and now i'm becoming a bond agent.

Bail Agent#708126-Vermont
Advantage Bail Bonds of Vermont

Post Posted: Thu 25 Mar 2010 16:03 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
"The best tool that you have is a solid reputation of integrity. This reputation will allow you to network across this entire country and reach out and touch someone so fast that they think you have a magic carpet!" Scott

Oh YeyAh

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Thu 25 Mar 2010 21:37 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 567
If you choose to use any type of recording device, please make sure that you are aware of the laws regarding recordings in your state. In many states you have to let everyone who is being recorded know that you are doing so (unless done in a public place where said conversation would easily be overheard).

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion